Home > Jobs > Is Outsourcing Your Job References Legal But Imoral?

Is Outsourcing Your Job References Legal But Imoral?

I was fired from my last job for not making quota the last 6 months, even though I was over quota the last 4 years.

But lately, I'm not even getting call backs for interviews. And those rare interviews I have had, I spend half the time explaining why I couldn't reach sales goals and why I was fired.

I'm getting desperate here folks... I know the reason nobody is hiring me is because I was fired from last job. I came across this site when I googled 'job references' and came across this site, careerexcuse.com (no link). I know it may wrong to misrepresent yourself on a resume, but is it legal? My unemployment is out and I saw a job that I really can do a good job, if.... I'm given the chance.

Thanks guys. - by worldlymrb
Explain that you were fired because you were stupid, lazy and just cruising.

Explain that you now see how stupid you were and have decided to do something serious about it.

The above may not even be true (but experience tells me that it could be be) but you'll need to throw yourself on someones mercy.

Explain to them that, in life, everyone should get another chance (not two chances) but definitely one.

Your honsety will show through. Put it into your resume.
Go and read some of the sales books mentioned here and brush up on your skills.

Ask the interviewer this 'What would YOU do if you got fired for being lazy and stupid?

The interviewer will likely say something like.....well I'd change my attitude and sharpen up and make a concerted effort to get better....

The you say....I agree with you and that's exactly what I did.

Let me explain what I've done about it to date.......

They'll give you a job. You can do it. Go on now and don't beat yourself up...we all make mistakes. - by helisell
I was fired from my last job for not making quota the last 6 months, even though I was over quota the last 4 years.

But lately, I'm not even getting call backs for interviews. And those rare interviews I have had, I spend half the time explaining why I couldn't reach sales goals and why I was fired.

I'm getting desperate here folks... I know the reason nobody is hiring me is because I was fired from last job. I came across this site when I googled 'job references' and came across this site, careerexcuse.com (no link). I know it may wrong to misrepresent yourself on a resume, but is it legal? My unemployment is out and I saw a job that I really can do a good job, if.... I'm given the chance.

Thanks guys.
Why did you not make quota? Addressing that first I think is pretty important, not that you're desperate now. Why were you not up to par and WHY will you be better now rather than then. If you can really manage that, you should maybe reapply at your old employer first or did you leave badly?

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.