Home > Consumer Behavior > Find out what people want and help them get it!

Find out what people want and help them get it!

Zig Ziglar said, "Find out what people want and help them get it!"

What message do you think he is attempting to communicate in that quote? - by Seth
Zig Ziglar said, "Find out what people want and help them get it!"

What message do you think he is attempting to communicate in that quote?
The message that he had read Frank Bettger who wrote it first and devoted an entire book to that premise. Bettger defined selling through those words.

Ziglar is know for having said, "You can have anything you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want."

They are two different subjects but not mutually exclusive. - by Ace Coldiron
The message he's trying to get at is that selling is not about manipulating or convincing or even persuading anyone to do anything. It's about helping people get what they want... just like he said it.

I have always abhorred the idea that salespeople don't care about their buyer and that they just want to PUSH product regardless of whether you need it, want it or can afford it.

I hate pushy salespeople which is why I've always identified with this sales philosophy. I didn't know these authors had coined the concept but I've always said that I don't' "sell" I help people buy. - by Andrea
I think the message he is trying to communicate is, "Find out what people REALLY want and help them get it!" - by Seth
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.