We would like your candidate to present a brief (10-15 minute) PowerPoint presentation entitled “Meeting Expectations in a Challenging Market” and covering the following:
1) Managing Your Territory
- What would you expect from *** to help you start managing this territory?
- How would you identify which accounts to visit first?
- How would you determine the overall potential for new business?
- How would you balance the protection and growth of existing business vs gaining new ‘competitor’ business?
- How do you work closely with high value accounts/prospects yet also maintain satisfaction at lots of low value accounts?
2) Managing a Sales Opportunity:
e.g. Customer X is using a competitor’s reagents and instrumentation worth £60K p.a. The instrumentation is due for replacement and they have expressed an interest in switching to *** reagents/instrumentation.
- What would be your objective for your first meeting with them? Who would you target?
- Detail a suggested sale process from initial qualification to receipt of an order.
• Include ‘typical’ timescales
• Include the hospital ‘stakeholders’ you would need to work with
- What obstacles might you face and how would you overcome them?
- What strategies would you use to ensure they switch to *** rather than stay with their existing supplier?
- How would you ensure the project runs to schedule and you can deliver by the close date?
3) Managing the Market:
- Give a (very brief) overview of ***’s strengths vs the competition
- How might you counter any weak points that *** products may have?
- What do you think ‘most’ histology labs require from their suppliers?
- How would you help *** go one better than this?