Home > Personal Selling > Take a moment to read my script?

Take a moment to read my script?

I usually like to freestyle when I sell however I'm taking on this new sales position selling marketing for real estate agents, so I created a script. I've been here for 2 weeks without a single sale. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...Some of the people in my initial training class are far more less experienced and they've got sales on the board already.

I'm making at least 150 calls a day setting up a minimum of 10 appointments..All no-shows, I remember having 16 appointments set for a day and none of them showed. The way I'm setting appointments are solid in my opinion. I'm asking the agents to give me a call back if they are unable to make it, have them write my name and number on a calender. Still nobody is showing up.

I keep trucking on however, at this point I feel discouraged and my attitude is shot xerm;. I need help, any input, advice, criticism is much appreciated. Really the only problem I'm really having is getting an agent to the presentation, I've presented a total of two agents since my two weeks out of 100+ appointments and both of them were not qualified... Here is the script I'm using:

Hi, I need to speak with ____.

This is David speaking with Agent Advantage and I saw some of your listings. Can you stand for some good news today? Awesome, I’m calling a select list of agents to find out if you can benefit from closing on an extra 5-6 leads a month. It may or may not be for you however, I’d like to show you a demonstration to explain exactly how it works. Takes just a few minutes in front of a computer; do you have some time right now?

No-
Oh, ok no worries, well I’d still like to show you at your convenience, when is a good time for you to speak with me for 10 minutes in front of a computer?

Yes-
Excellent than, I know how busy you can get and I do appreciate your time. Before we get started I need to ask you a few fact finding questions in order for me to help you better is that ok?-
How many listings do you currently have?
Is ____ the main city you work?
Do you have a website? How’s that working out are you getting any results from it?
What other ways are you advertising your listings?
Would if be safe for me to assume that generating qualified leads is the most important thing you look for when marketing your listings?

Ok then. I’m going to take you on a free demonstration; in essence what we’re going to do is connect our computers together so you can see exactly what I’m doing. You can sit back and relax while I show you. So I’d like you to go to your address bar on top and type in for me with no W’s just joinsession.info and tell me when the screen appears. (pause)

Now, enter this as your session ID _______, and just enter your name or guest in the space below and click join session, let me know when you see Google. (pause)

I’m sure you’re familiar with Google right? Ok, in my opinion the best way to evaluate any sort of marketing is to pretend you’re the people you’re going after, the buyers and sellers right? (pause)

Let’s roll with this, there are only two ways that people find you online, the first way is by going to a real estate directory like Homes.com and clicking on a piece of property.
The second way is by going to a search engine like Google. When they go to a search engine however, they usually aren’t looking for agents or agencies they’re usually looking for homes right? If you pay attention to what NAR says 84% of people that bought homes last year started their search online. You can’t target a larger or better demographic than that. Are you with me so far? (pause)

Now, let’s make this area specific to your business, let’s type in (City, State, and Homes for sale) Let me know when you see the results come up. (pause)

Do you see Homes.com? If you look near the top on the right hand in the blue bar where it says results 1-10; you’ll notice that out of _____ results we show up on the very front page on the very top with the largest search engine in the world. This is a big deal. Your buyers will see your listings with one click away from Google and we’ve optimized our directory to come up naturally on the front page in nearly every city in the US when you type in the name of a city, the state, and the key words “homes for sale”. Now you said you were familiar with Google, after what I just showed you, can you see the potential here? (pause)

Awesome, let’s click on the link that says _____. This is what I meant by saying buyers will be able to see your listings one click away from Google. Not only that, but Homes.com is one of the largest real estate directories on the internet. We get over 4 million people every month viewing more than 40 million pages worth of homes, that’s over half a billion pages viewed a year. If your not too internet savvy, those are some pretty impressive numbers. We’re also seeing some huge jumps in traffic as well that’s why were having a membership drive in your area. Now you’ll see towards the top of the page 1 to 9 of about ____ listings as you know that’s nowhere near the entire MLS. This is another reason why we are so successful, a little over 90% of people that search to buy homes on Google visit our website first before any other real estate directory on the internet, because this is a very exclusive offer, instead of having our agents competing with the entire MLS you’ll be competing with a smaller number of listings so that you get more of a chance to generate as many leads as possible. Does that make sense?

Let’s say we’re homebuyer’s and we’re interested in that house for _____, do you see that? Let’s click on that. You’ll notice a larger picture and more information. Remember how I said we can help you generate more leads from your own listings? (pause) Well from this page, you will have several different ways to generate leads. Do you see where it says request information? (pause) You’ll notice that it allows the buyer to leave their information and once they click send, you will receive this information directly to your e-mail account. Now, do you see where it says “e-mail this listing” in blue, to the right of the pictures? (pause) As a buyer, if I wanted to share this listing with a friend or family member, all I’d have to do is click on it. Not only will you get the e-mail address of the person who is receiving this but also the senders e-mail address and the home they’re interested in.

Finally do you see where it says “offered by” in blue; it’ll be right below all the pictures of the home? (pause) Let’s click on ‘view agent website”. Tell me what you see. (pause) Right we are no longer in Homes.com now at all, if this was one of your properties we would be directly in your own personal website.

Also, not only will your listings appear on Homes.com but, you’ll also take advantage of 14 other different promotion mediums including Trulia, Zillow, Oodle, Google Base, Yahoo Classifieds and HarmonHomes.com just to name a few, with a click of a button and this is all done automatically if you want. Meaning once you market a listing in our database that listing will be marketed to 14 other different real estate directories. That’s an additional 7 million people looking at your listings every month, through us.

We are seeing on average that our agents are getting anywhere from 5 to 6 qualified leads a month using this program, which comes to about 60 leads a year. So let’s go out on a limb here for a moment and be super conservative. If for some reason you could only close 6% of those leads that would give you and extra 4 deals a year. Do you see where I’m going here? Tell me your average sale price. If we multiply that by 3% on 4 deals that’s would give you an extra _____ in commission roughly. This is a very realistic opportunity and a heck of a return on your investment. For credibility, we’ve been in business for over 10 years, we’ve got thousands of agents all over the US 100% satisfied with our services already, and we hold a 94% retention rate.

Now, you said that generating more qualified leads is important do you, do you think our service could solve that problem? And does everything we’ve talked about make sense to you?

Awesome, brass tacks because this program is still in its alpha-stages and we are running this membership drive. I’m going to waive $600 off the initial set-up and $100 off the initial monthly fee you get everything mentioned for $99.95 a month with a one time investment of $299 everything out the door today to start is going to be $398.95. This includes up to 100 listings with front page placement, 5 to 6 qualified leads a month, a free professionally designed website if you ever need it and we are so confident that this is going to work that we require absolutely no contracts. So, you can try it out for a month, if your not completely satisfied, you’re not going to want to do business with us. We need to continually prove to you on a monthly basis that this works, or else we’d be out of business, you’re not going to be stuck in a long term contract; so you’ll be risking much less for a far greater reward. Are you with me? (pause) Perfect! Than, all I need to do is fill out a one page membership agreement e-mail it over to you, you click “ok”, and I’ll have you on the front page of Google within 48 hours. I just need to gather some information starting with the company or agency you want your listings to be associated with and your e-mail address.
- by DavidC89
I unfortunately am heading out to an appointment myself right now, but from just one blush... if you are calling to make an appointment, this is not anywhere near on the mark.

Your Commitment Objective is to get an appointment. Nothing else. To set a time for them to be in your office or theirs when you get there. Nothing Else!

I've not read the whole thing, but I saw more of an absentee sales demonstration than I did you fishing for an appointment. This in MY OPINION, is the wrong bait.

I'll be happy to explore this with you when I get back should you desire.

Much Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Yes please I'd like that, as a matter of fact I had an appointment 3 minutes ago and of course the call went straight to his voice-mail. In regards to what you said, the point of this script is to get to the demonstration right away if possible. If they can't than the 2nd option is to set an appointment. I'm having trouble getting to the presentation!!

I'm 20 years old and the only jobs I have ever had were in sales. This is the first sales job I have ever taken on without being in the top 10% and I can't figure out what I'm doing differently from those other sales jobs. I'm at a complete loss of what to do. My fear of rejection is rising and I'm making less calls, being less aggressive. Ah, forgive me for complaining. - by DavidC89
Yes please I'd like that, as a matter of fact I had an appointment 3 minutes ago and of course the call went straight to his voice-mail. In regards to what you said, the point of this script is to get to the demonstration right away if possible. If they can't than the 2nd option is to set an appointment. I'm having trouble getting to the presentation!!

I'm 20 years old and the only jobs I have ever had were in sales. This is the first sales job I have ever taken on without being in the top 10% and I can't figure out what I'm doing differently from those other sales jobs. I'm at a complete loss of what to do. My fear of rejection is rising and I'm making less calls, being less aggressive. Ah, forgive me for complaining.
I'm about to leave, but one thing you need to square away with yourself straight off, is fear of rejection. It per se isn't real, more likely it's a fear of not having someone be there when you are.

We need to work on getting the job done. There might and most likely is something real simple going on here, since the result seem to be universal.

I'd love to explore this with you when I return.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Hey David... question for ya...

What do you do after the missed appointment? Do you call them back and re-schedule? - by Andrea
I usually like to freestyle when I sell however I'm taking on this new sales position selling marketing for real estate agents, so I created a script. I've been here for 2 weeks without a single sale. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...Some of the people in my initial training class are far more less experienced and they've got sales on the board already.
I read your script and I don't think it's anywhere near viable. I would not even attempt to suggest refinements.

However, here's the part that puzzles me.

If others in your training class are getting sales, and you decided to create your own script, and you're getting zilch, isn't that a clue to what's wrong here?

This is so common--and the cause for so much initial failure in sales.

Why not do what the others are doing? - by Ace Coldiron

This is David speaking with Agent Advantage and I saw some of your listings. Can you stand for some good news today? Awesome, I’m calling a select list of agents to find out if you can benefit from closing on an extra 5-6 leads a month. It may or may not be for you however, I’d like to show you a demonstration to explain exactly how it works. Takes just a few minutes in front of a computer; do you have some time right now?

No-
Oh, ok no worries, well I’d still like to show you at your convenience, when is a good time for you to speak with me for 10 minutes in front of a computer?

David,
  • From your intro I can't tell what you do... while you promise to help me close 5-6 extra leads a month I have NO idea how... and I know nothing about your company.
  • Could I stand for some good news today? Goodness such a cheesy line to use on an experienced salesperson. Treat them as colleges at this point they have already got your number. Get rid of it, IMO.
  • You are calling a "select" list of agents? why is that info of any importance or value to them? ok... at this point they might start getting bored...
  • You wonder if they can benefit from closing 5-6 more deals a month? Honey that is silver bullet and it's coming across very wimpy...
  • It may or may not be for them? This is the second time I've seen this on this forum... why would you even say this on an approach? This just reeks of insecurity and lack of confidence in the product. Sure it's true but it goes without saying. Again my opinion.
  • When you ask if they have time now... you set yourself up for your first NO. And that is a bad way to start off with. I prefer to let them choose between two options. now or later. And neither of them is NO.
Trim the fat out of your approach David... this is what I suggest for you:

This is David speaking with Agent Advantage we (state what you do).
Would you be interested in closing on an extra 5-6 leads a month? [wait for answer]
Excellent... I can show you how with an live online demonstration. Takes just a few minutes in front of a computer; would you like to see now or should we set up a time when it is more convenient?

Hope it helps. - by Andrea
@Ace Coldiron
This is in fact the script that's being used, I made virtually no changes except for putting into my own words. Which involved switching just a couple words around to make it more to my personality. I followed the script verbatim my first three days and had absolutely no success. The only part of the script I "created" is the initial opening, I didn't mean to mislead anyone here by saying that I created it that was my fault. On another note, if I just do what others are doing, I will never reach my full potential. My goal is to be the best I can be and I can't do that by following others. I need to be a leader. Why should I do what everyone else is doing when I can do better than that? I'm confident to assume the very best in sales did not get there by copying someone else or doing what everyone else is doing. It makes sense what you're saying, I can see how this advice would help countless others and I appreciate your input. Why is the script not viable?

@Andrea
I do call them back and leave a voicemail to reschedule, however I never get a response and every attempt to call back after the initial voice-mail, the calls get ignored. I do not like blocking my number.
I came up with this opening by reading countless cold call intros on this forum. Everything from "can you stand for some good new today?", "select list of ___", and "may or may not be for you". Everything in that opening is from other intros I've seen from this forum. Most likely I'm using them wrong. I thank you for your input I am giving that opening a try now. I really agree with giving them the two options. Thanks again. - by DavidC89
"On another note, if I just do what others are doing, I will never reach my full potential."
On the way to reaching your "full potential" is making sales.
"My goal is to be the best I can be and I can't do that by following others."
Modeling the successful behavour of others has worked in just about every human endeavour from military greatness to entertainment to sports to business, and to selling, etc.
"I need to be a leader. Why should I do what everyone else is doing when I can do better than that?"
Then prove it. Make sales. Talk alone doesn't cut it.
"I'm confident to assume the very best in sales did not get there by copying someone else or doing what everyone else is doing."
Copying (modeling) someone else, and doing what everybody else is doing, are not at all the same thing. BTW, it is the "very best in sales" that know what "the very best in sales" do or do not do. And they assume very little.
Why is the script not viable?
It's transparent. I've said this before: Transparency is the fatal disease of any sales methodology. No matter how clever, comprehensive, or creative, if a selling process is transparent to the prospect, it is not only vulnerable--it is doomed.
When you ask me a question, you get my package--not always what one wants to hear. I'm not auditioning for kudos or being "right" here, and I don't need an amen corner. Those ambitious goals you set for yourself are admirable, and I respect you a great deal for having those goals. I believe you will achieve them. But I already have, and I can only share what got me there whether or not you like what I say.
I very sincerely wish you the best. And keep those goals.
- by Ace Coldiron
I thank you for your input I am giving that opening a try now. I really agree with giving them the two options. Thanks again.
If you make your first sale with my opening I fully expect a kickback!! ;st - by Andrea
Hi David,

Ace and Andrea have both given you some extremely valuable and in-depth information that will help you enormously if you recognise it.

I'm a businessman.

If someone calls me in a business-like manner and states simply and clearly what they do/offer and then asks if that is something I would be interested in discussing...I will answer simply and honestly yes...or...no.

Cut all the funnies/waffle/and clever little asides....they are not needed.

As Andrea said....just introduce yourself then tell them what you do (this may take a little thought....make sure you stress the benefit of what you do and NOT the feature. Getting them more leads is NOT a benefit it is a feature. Selling more houses is the benefit.) ask if that is something they would be interested in dicussing. If they say 'yes' then carry on. If they say 'no' just ask if you should call another time.

Don't grovel to them. Don't apologise to them. They MUST think of you as someone of substance who 'knows the game'

Just tell 'em what you do . . . . and ask if they are interested. - by helisell
Don't grovel to them. Don't apologise to them. They MUST think of you as someone of substance who 'knows the game'
Yessss This is what I'm talking about. thmbp2; - by Andrea
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.