Home > Consumer Behavior > Sales, Marketing and Buyer Decision Process

Sales, Marketing and Buyer Decision Process

Do you see any similarities between the general sales learning model, marketing's AIDCA model and the general Buyer Decision Process model?

AIDCA-------------Buying Decision Process----Sales Learning Model
Attention----------------------N/A----------------------Approach
Interest------------Need Recognition/Awareness------Interview
Desire--------------Information Search---------------Presentation
Conviction---------Evaluation of Alternatives---------Resistance
Action---------------Purchase--------------------------Close
Satisfaction*-------Post-purchase Behavior-----Customer Satisfaction
- by Swamprat
Why do you ask the question? I'm curious because I don't consciously use either of these AIDCA or Sales Learning Model.

Aloha... :cool:
- by rattus58
I asked the question because the three models looked the same to me but I have not ever seen anyone connect them together like that. I don't think very many people made the connection but now of course EVERYBODY will. - by Swamprat
I asked the question because the three models looked the same to me but I have not ever seen anyone connect them together like that. I don't think very many people made the connection but now of course EVERYBODY will.
And so are you saying that by these revelations that these sales processes are the same? What will that do for the sales industry....sn;

Aloha... shds; ;bg - by rattus58
I think they are the same or with a little tweaking the same. - by Swamprat
I think I may have been right about nobody else making the connection. :) - by Swamprat
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.