Home > Approach > How to sell websites and online marketing services to the offline market???

How to sell websites and online marketing services to the offline market???

Please help me guys on this one. I am interested in your sugestions of aproaching different clients (restaurants and medium size companies from retail). Basically I can offer them full marketing services (as an independent profesional, as a freelancer), but I would mainly focus on building websites for them and taking care of their online marketing.

Please give me some ideas of aproaching them.... (face to face, and/or by phone). I am quite new in the sales business but I am very determined to learn all the "tricks" that might help me.

Thank you - by bandy
Bandy, the first step is always to gain the prospects attention and interest. Remember the prospect's mind is already pre-occupied when you approach them so you need to get them to disengage from what they are currently thinking about and pay attention to what you want them to be thinking about. Engaging the prospect's "curiosity" will do that for you. ;) - by Vito
Bandy....you need to get away from the mindset of there being 'tricks' to learn.

You either need to be able to demonstrate some past project/website that you've created and has given a client measurable results.

Or

You need to think about how you can 'market' yourself.
You are able to market yourself aren't you?
If not then how are you going to 'market' for your clients?

Or........this is a killer tip.

Do some keyword research to find a popular search term for a specific town and type of business (e.g. anytown car valeter)

Look for around 1000 to 1500 searches a month.
Then register a domain that matches that search term
in this case "anytowncarvaleter.com" build a good website optimised so that it will rank on page one of google. Now you can approach car valeters in that town, show thwem a valuable domain and website that you have put together....and sell it to them...with a full marketing package, done by you for a monthly fee.

This makes it very easy to approach people. - by helisell
Bandy....you need to get away from the mindset of there being 'tricks' to learn.

You either need to be able to demonstrate some past project/website that you've created and has given a client measurable results.

Or

You need to think about how you can 'market' yourself.
You are able to market yourself aren't you?
If not then how are you going to 'market' for your clients?

Or........this is a killer tip.

Do some keyword research to find a popular search term for a specific town and type of business (e.g. anytown car valeter)

Look for around 1000 to 1500 searches a month.
Then register a domain that matches that search term
in this case "anytowncarvaleter.com" build a good website optimised so that it will rank on page one of google. Now you can approach car valeters in that town, show thwem a valuable domain and website that you have put together....and sell it to them...with a full marketing package, done by you for a monthly fee.

This makes it very easy to approach people.
This is a great ideea and I very much like it. However, I would like to sell to small companies: simple websites, presentation websites + a marketing bonus package(include them in directories and basic SEO).

What kind of business you think would suit best to aproach? Like I said, I was thinking of restaurants, bakeries...

I have quite recently moved in London, and I see a huge market here, for these services. Any more ideas on how to aproach them? I would be interested on the first part of the aproach, the introduction. how to gain his attention... - by bandy
Just sell it to small businesses....actually they are the easiest ones to sell to.
I think you may have missed the point here. - by helisell
P.S. The way to gain their attention is to do what I suggested in my first post.
It grabs them by the throat every time.
Why don't you just try it.
Costs about $10 and takes about 30 minutes to post a wordpress blog with the right domain name. You'll be on page one of Google in a few days. - by helisell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.