Home > Approach > All salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility

All salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility

Why is it that when calling on prospective buyers
in an effort to create new business opportunities that otherwise wouldn't exist, and no relationship (referral, endorsement, etc.) currently exists, all salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility? - by Vito
Why is it that when calling on prospective buyers
in an effort to create new business opportunities that otherwise wouldn't exist, and no relationship (referral, endorsement, etc.) currently exists, all salespeople enter the sales process with near-zero credibility?
How is it you'd expect credibilty to exist if you and the client have no relationship, no referrals, no endorsements, and no national adversting, say, like AFLAC?

This is why we are salesman. This is why we are professional at we do, isn't it? It is from our initial interactions with clients that we establish our worth and credibility.

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Thank you for the input Rattus. Does anyone else have input they would like to share? - by Vito
It is from our initial interactions with clients that we establish our worth and credibility.
I don't agree with that. My worth and credibility, as well as yours, Tom, will remain solid and more than sufficient regardless of whether we ever engage another client.

Distrust by default has not been a large part of my experience with prospects over the years.

I do subscribe to the adage that people who don't trust others can't be trusted themselves. It works both ways in selling, of course. - by Ace Coldiron
I don't agree with that. My worth and credibility, as well as yours, Tom, will remain solid and more than sufficient regardless of whether we ever engage another client.

Distrust by default has not been a large part of my experience with prospects over the years.

I do subscribe to the adage that people who don't trust others can't be trusted themselves. It works both ways in selling, of course.
:).... Well you put this from another perspective that I didn't look at it from.... shds;

Much Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Thomas Freese said it best when he wrote, "We inherit all the negative biases that prospects have about salespeople; and until it's proven otherwise, most prospects will assume you have no credibilty." - by Vito
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.