Home > Education > Improving my sales job!

Improving my sales job!

I am really keen to find out more about any sales training days/courses that are out there at the moment. Also I would love to hear from people who have taken a course or who has enrolled themselves onto one of these day courses?

Are they worth while? Or do you think you could get most of your answers of the internet?

I am in a sales job at the moment, and doing ok - but my sale conversions aren't consistent enough. I am very much money driven and I work my socks off at work, however I am not seeing the results I want....at first I thought it was just a sign of the times but I am starting to doubt my sales ability now and I am looking for ways to improve what I already have...any suggestions?:un - by nard1
I am really keen to find out more about any sales training days/courses that are out there at the moment. Also I would love to hear from people who have taken a course or who has enrolled themselves onto one of these day courses?

Are they worth while? Or do you think you could get most of your answers of the internet?

I am in a sales job at the moment, and doing ok - but my sale conversions aren't consistent enough. I am very much money driven and I work my socks off at work, however I am not seeing the results I want....at first I thought it was just a sign of the times but I am starting to doubt my sales ability now and I am looking for ways to improve what I already have...any suggestions?:un
Let me ask you a question... can you grab the wind? The internet will rarely give you much more than opinions. A "course", on the otherhand, gives you a curriculum, with objectives, bench marks and completion standards. These too can be DELIVERED over the internet, but there is more than subtle difference.

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Thank you for that advice. I realise that the internet is very limited and probably won't grab my attention like a course or seminar would. It's just choosing which course to do - some of them are so expensive and I would hate to think I am wasting my money just to hear what I already know.

I think it is going to be a long process finding the right course, but hopefully it will be worth while at the end!

If anyone has taken a course that helped them in their sales job, please share!
;bg - by nard1
Thank you for that advice. I realise that the internet is very limited and probably won't grab my attention like a course or seminar would. It's just choosing which course to do - some of them are so expensive and I would hate to think I am wasting my money just to hear what I already know.

I think it is going to be a long process finding the right course, but hopefully it will be worth while at the end!

If anyone has taken a course that helped them in their sales job, please share!
;bg
My suggestion is to START. Inexpensive courses like Action Selling are less than $100 and do a nice job of basics. Brian Tracy, is several hundred dollars, Tom Hopkins cost me over $3,000 when it was all said and done... :)

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
I think you need a proper training in sales. I am just briefing you about how sales training can help you improve your skills.

Sales Training may be defined as those things which are done to help salespeople gain mastery in the skills, concepts, behaviors, and attitudes that will enhance their expertise in influencing prospects to make positive purchasing decisions. Sales training concentrates on how prospective sellers and buyers interact. It provides tools and techniques that help salespeople learn what they must know in order to persuasively present their goods or services to buyers in terms that buyers will understand and ultimately respond to.
If sales training concentrates on the ways in which prospective buyers and sellers interact, Product Trainingfocuses on the dissemination of information and tools that support the selling of the particular product or service. For our purposes, product training will be considered as a subset of sales training. - by Team Building FL
I think training definately does help dependant on the type os sales role that you are in!

I have only had in house company training but it suits me fine as I am not really ina high pressure sales job! Its not my only role within the company etc! But if for you it is something that you solely do then yes training will help a hell of a lot!

My friend is the top sales person in her company and has been on many many courses through the company! The good thing about her company is they pay for the lot and have regular courses to keep skills up to date so she hasn't had to part with any cash etc... But she does really well and definately works hard for her money and position within the company!

Do the company you are working for not offer any help with the costs of trainign courses? - by Neelam
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.