Home > Technology > Closing Online Deals?

Closing Online Deals?

Hello, I'm new to this whole entrepreneuring thing. I started a new business selling jewellery online about three months ago. I've got no problems with getting people to visit the site but I don't know how to incite people to actually buy. I'm getting a little discouraged because I get approximately 50 visitors per week but... no sales! I've tried lowering the prices too but still no sales. I'm not sure what's going through the visitors' minds. Would someone be able to shed some light for me? I would love to know what thought process goes through a person's mind when they shop online. :sa Should I try a different approach? I'm thinking of going "offline" to sell (e.g. cold calling and walking into offices randomly). Would that be a bad move? - by starchy
Hello, I'm new to this whole entrepreneuring thing. I started a new business selling jewellery online about three months ago. I've got no problems with getting people to visit the site but I don't know how to incite people to actually buy. I'm getting a little discouraged because I get approximately 50 visitors per week but... no sales! I've tried lowering the prices too but still no sales. I'm not sure what's going through the visitors' minds. Would someone be able to shed some light for me? I would love to know what thought process goes through a person's mind when they shop online. Should I try a different approach? I'm thinking of going "offline" to sell (e.g. cold calling and walking into offices randomly). Would that be a bad move?
I don't know anything about online sales, nor do I have any experience with people coming to a website asking for information except for guns. Guns and jewelry are different species.

If you ever turn on a tv, ours comes up with the shopping network on. They're hawking stuff cheap, they say, and of great quality, they say, and they're peddling.

That said, your website might need to give them a reason to buy, and maybe some kind of comparisons are in order.... such and such butterfly pendant... $120, our butterfly pendant with.. such and such clasp, baked enamel coloring will never wear off, pure gold setting so that it won't ever bother your skin like imitations will, striking colors visible from all angles will complement even the most beautiful of neckline... or you women out there... would ANY neckline be better.... :) and not only do you receive quality any asseyor, that would be pawn shop to you lay people, give you top price for compared to the imitators, our value delivery direct to you is only $89. Invest wisely into jewelry that will forever maintain its value... invest with us...

I don't know... but that's how I'd be thinking at first blush.... :) With Pictures against a satin or felt background and such...:)

As for the peddling part, sure why not? Any exposure of your wares will benefit you.

Much Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Do a search for Paul Myers 'need to know'

This is the very best information you will find anywhere about what it takes to succeed online.

sign up for his free ebook. Take the phone off the hook...and digest EVERY SINGLE WORD - by helisell
Hello, thanks for all the info. I will try them and hopefully, things will improve! - by starchy
Get the stuff on ebay, set up an auction for some of the stuff and let the visitors decide fair market value. Start the bidding at your absolute lowest price, or even just under that. See what other people are selling their product for. Ebay is great for competitor research.

Add a link on all of your auctions to your website. Basically entice them with ebay, but wow them with your website. Try Ecrater as well. Not only will you get sells, you will understand your business better and know what you can charge. There's a lot of competition out there but if you believe in your product then never give up. - by Thufir
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.