Home > Personal Selling > You have to walk BEFORE you can run

You have to walk BEFORE you can run

Hello forum. Today was/is my first (real) day selling door to door. I was so nervous. Up until today I had gone out with no goal, I just knocked on a few doors and called it a day. But I realized that I was missing setting up a goal.

So I set one up.... Knock on 60 doors in two hours. Started at 1pm and finished at 3:15pm and knocked on 65 doors. I am now taking a little break and going back to the same territory to knock on the doors who were not at home.

I made 6 good contacts. And hope to have at least one good sale.

Tomorrow's goal? To start at 12pm and do 80 doors by 3pm.

I wanted to share with all here since the other sales people at my company don't really socialize or talk about their day.

So I guess todays big lesson is to always set attainable goals for the day.

Thanks, thmbp2; - by agent.sanchez
Sounds like your driven and goals only help driven people, so keep at it!

Skip - by Skip Anderson
Hello forum. Today was/is my first (real) day selling door to door. I was so nervous. Up until today I had gone out with no goal, I just knocked on a few doors and called it a day. But I realized that I was missing setting up a goal.

So I set one up.... Knock on 60 doors in two hours. Started at 1pm and finished at 3:15pm and knocked on 65 doors. I am now taking a little break and going back to the same territory to knock on the doors who were not at home.

I made 6 good contacts. And hope to have at least one good sale.

Tomorrow's goal? To start at 12pm and do 80 doors by 3pm.

I wanted to share with all here since the other sales people at my company don't really socialize or talk about their day.

So I guess todays big lesson is to always set attainable goals for the day.

Thanks, thmbp2;
Hi Agent, I too am about to embark on a new style of selling (to me) by knocking doors. The advice I have been given is to target 100 doors per day with the objective of making 40 contacts from which 2-3 firm appointments should be made. I am nervous as well as although I am experienced in sales I have never door knocked for appointments before.

I start in about 2 weeks and I will post then how I get on, in the meantime good luck with the knocking and remember keep smiling! - by Alex1
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.