Home > Interview > I have to sell IT services/solutions to REAL people, advice welcomed

I have to sell IT services/solutions to REAL people, advice welcomed

Hi All

I am new to this forum, so just want to take the opportunity to say hello to everyone, looking through there are some really useful resources and opinions and I will be sure to check back often.

I am just after some advice and help for the final stage of an interview I am attending tomorrow.

I conducted a telephone interview last week for a full-service software testing consultancy. The company offers a full complement of testing services, including manual testing and quality-related consulting. The company is called Transition Consulting Limited and it has been stressed that they partner with uTest. Now, I have a strong sales background B2B and B2C, however I have never sold IT services or solutions.

I have progressed to the final interview stage which will be tomorrow morning, where I will spend several hours calling a live database and trying to pitch testing solutions. I will be honest, I am a little nervous as I have never sold in this way before and would really appreciate any help or advice people can offer me.

The key area I feel most attention needs to paid, will be on opening the prospects up and identifying their problems etc... My normal style of pitching, if I am honest has allways been to ram as much information down the throats of the prospects as possible and making them think they need our product (which happened to be high level corporate events for C level decision makers no network and sell solutions to each other).

What are the best approaches, styles, techniques, questions etc etc that I need to be aware of?

Thank you in advance... - by cheese
Sorry I missed this post. How did it go? - by marky
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.