Home > Approach > Lookers turn into buyers when they meet a professional salesperson

Lookers turn into buyers when they meet a professional salesperson

More than once while standing on deck at a automobile dealership I heard different salespeople mention how a certain prospect went from dealership to dealership "just looking" until they bumped into a professional salesperson (presumably that salesperson) who sold them a car/truck. What do you think that means... "until they bumped into a professional salesperson" and what do you think that salesperson did that the previous salespeople at the other dealerships didn't? - by Community Mailbox
the proffessional sales person listened to the prospective customer and gave a solution that met his needs , his ego and fancies. - by temitope
Hello Everyone!
It is my belief that price....location....selection....and every other aspect of the sale MEAN NOTHING to your prospective buyer.......UNTIL......THEY......LIKE......YOU!! Having been in sales almost 10 of the almost 27 years of my life, I have learned that the greatest successes in my history have been on account of the person LIKING ME FIRST.....and loving what I sold afterwards.
The truth of the scenario presented shows to me that the "potential buyer" was not so much comparing price, dealership, and selection....rather than how they were TRULY SHOPPING FOR A SALESPERSON THEY SINCERELY LIKED, and most importantly....TRUSTED. But in truth, you would never trust a person you don't like first, right?
Which brings me to a personal point that "inner-developement" as a socially successful individual could bear more fruit than even the most "technically-savvy" competition. The entire sales-process is about conversation, and the more a person likes you....the more they will say.....and the more you can make of that sale!

"LIKE-ABILITY" is the "gatekeeper" to EVERY sale....master that, and the rest is easy.

Much thanks for the inquisitive post!
-David - by DRIVEN82
Hello Everyone!
It is my belief that price....location....selection....and every other aspect of the sale MEAN NOTHING to your prospective buyer.......UNTIL......THEY......LIKE......YOU!! Having been in sales almost 10 of the almost 27 years of my life, I have learned that the greatest successes in my history have been on account of the person LIKING ME FIRST.....and loving what I sold afterwards.
The truth of the scenario presented shows to me that the "potential buyer" was not so much comparing price, dealership, and selection....rather than how they were TRULY SHOPPING FOR A SALESPERSON THEY SINCERELY LIKED, and most importantly....TRUSTED. But in truth, you would never trust a person you don't like first, right?
Which brings me to a personal point that "inner-developement" as a socially successful individual could bear more fruit than even the most "technically-savvy" competition. The entire sales-process is about conversation, and the more a person likes you....the more they will say.....and the more you can make of that sale!

"LIKE-ABILITY" is the "gatekeeper" to EVERY sale....master that, and the rest is easy.

Much thanks for the inquisitive post!
-David
David, I agree that likability is important in the selling process. I know many others disagree with you and me (I've seen it here in this forum), but I'm on your side on this. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the "gatekeepr to every sale," however, as I think that is an oversimplification.

To address this thread's topic:

Shoppers are buyers who are dormant. They need someone to help them out their dormancy and when that happens, they become a customer. This is the essence of selling, in my opinion. - by Skip Anderson
Thank you Skip for your reply,
You are completely correct in what you said, and I greatly appreciate how you thought critically about what I had said. You caught me in a moment of passion (as I often dobgwnk; ), and though such energy and enthusiasm can mean great success in sales (emotion sells)....it can also lead me too far into something I believe in.
To say that "like-ability" is the ultimate barrier to break through is oversimplifying to a certain degree, but I only failed to more concisely say that a person has to feel comfortable with both your verbal and your non-verbal signals in order to trust you enough with their investment....regardless of the caliber of the product.

Much thanks for your insight,
-David
- by DRIVEN82
we are on the same thought. the customer will like the sales executive if he is the listening type compassionate towards the buyers need!!!!and does npt have any irritating habit. needless to say mostly buyers will sooner buy from the sales executive who they like and a friend to them. period. - by temitope
More than once while standing on deck at a automobile dealership I heard different salespeople mention how a certain prospect went from dealership to dealership "just looking" until they bumped into a professional salesperson (presumably that salesperson) who sold them a car/truck. What do you think that means... "until they bumped into a professional salesperson" and what do you think that salesperson did that the previous salespeople at the other dealerships didn't?
That is a very complex question and it is easy to look in the wrong place for an answer.

What happens in that scenario does not start with what "the salesperson did." It starts in the head of the prospective buyer. When he/she finds that salesperson who MIRRORS the "shopper's" belief about what