Home > Consumer Behavior > The Most Important Secret of Salesmanship

The Most Important Secret of Salesmanship

"The most important secret of salesmanship is to find out what the other fellow wants, then help him find the best way to get it." is a brief excerpt from Chapter Five (5) of Frank Bettger's book titled, "How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling".

In your opinion, does the title of the chapter ring true with your beliefs about selling and salesmanship? - by Jeff Blackwell
"The most important secret of salesmanship is to find out what the other fellow wants, then help him find the best way to get it." is a brief excerpt from Chapter Five (5) of Frank Bettger's book titled, "How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling".

In your opinion, does the title of the chapter ring true with your beliefs about selling and salesmanship?
Glad to see you getting into the "insurance" business Jeff... :)

That is a pretty heady stuff.... "find out what he wants, then help him find the best way to get it". If I was adept at doing just that everytime I saw someone.... yup... pretty smart, for an old guy... :)

Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58

In your opinion, does the title of the chapter ring true with your beliefs about selling and salesmanship?
Bettger's message is consistent with my beliefs. - by Ace Coldiron
Yes, it rings true. - by Skip Anderson
I love Frank Bettger's book, "How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling". That secret is 100% true from my experience. - by CzechForce
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.