Home > Management > Does Leadership influence the sale?

Does Leadership influence the sale?

Does Leadership on the part of the salesperson influence the sale? (If so, in what way?)

Does leadershp play any part in personal selling? (If so, in what way?) - by Community Mailbox
Does Leadership on the part of the salesperson influence the sale? Does leadershp play any part in personal selling?
It absolutely can and should. - by Ace Coldiron
Somebody's having fun with the "Community Mailbox" these days!

The answer is "yes" and "yes".

It appears that the person asking all these questions via the Community Mailbox is more intent on provoking discussion than really wanting help with something. Suggestion: post open-ended questions...you'll likely get more discussion than with these closed questions. - by Skip Anderson
It appears that the person asking all these questions via the Community Mailbox is more intent on provoking discussion than really wanting help with something. Suggestion: post open-ended questions...you'll likely get more discussion than with these closed questions.
It seems to me that asking questions to provoke discussion in a discussion forum for salespeople isn't that far fetched unless you were under the impression that the only questions being asked were by those who really wanted help with someone. - by Community Mailbox
Hello friend,
Leadership is a very basic and important business skill which is not only important in sales in fact it is important for every business whether it is sales,management or any field.So it is important for sales also because it helps them in proper handling and teaches them about the promotion of products, which is important skill of sales.

Regards,
Nelson - by nelsonclassic
Hello friend,
Leadership is a very basic and important business skill which is not only important in sales in fact it is important for every business whether it is sales,management or any field.So it is important for sales also because it helps them in proper handling and teaches them about the promotion of products, which is important skill of sales.

Regards,
Nelson
Right on, Nelson.

A large part of my personal focus and education in sales has been in the overall realm of strategy. Leadership is one of the five skills and necessary elements of Strategy. - by Ace Coldiron
I do believe the answers to any questions asked should be based on that question without changing the basics or definition of the question asked.

Answering this question; of course the sales process is influenced when the sales professional takes the lead.Otherwise the sales person falls into a sale and is lucky to collect a pay.

Leadership plays major factor in any sales process. - by rich34232
If you believe that leadership can be or is an important factor in selling... which specific leadership skills do you believe influence the sale and/or play a part in personal selling and would you say that to be an effective salesperson you also need to be an effective leader? - by Community Mailbox
If you believe that leadership can be or is an important factor in selling... which specific leadership skills do you believe influence the sale and/or play a part in personal selling and would you say that to be an effective salesperson you also need to be an effective leader?
First, it is ingrained in me that selling is the most important skill in any business. Leadership is one of five vital factors that determine your skill.

The specific leadership skills encompass being smart, honest, caring, brave, and disciplined. - by Ace Coldiron
I do believe the answers to any questions asked should be based on that question without changing the basics or definition of the question asked.

Answering this question; of course the sales process is influenced when the sales professional takes the lead.Otherwise the sales person falls into a sale and is lucky to collect a pay.

Leadership plays major factor in any sales process.
There is much more to leadership than directing, guiding, or controlling a sales "process."

A recent newspaper article about me stated that I maintain a leadership role in product offerings. It was referring to certain antimicrobial elements in products that I have been championing.

The value of those public relations based on that leadership role is immense, and has contributed to the success of my company. If we intertwine "effectiveness" with "leading", Last year I "led" the nation with sales of these specific health-related product lines, according to feedback from the manufacturer.

Not saying this to gloat because I could fill the page with my shortcomings, but the best examples are always from personal experience. - by Ace Coldiron
Ace,Absolutely there is more to leadership.However it is more about actions than a product.I take that as a known fact.Toot your own horn I love hearing success stories and would like to hear more about you and what you do along with how you do it.

It is not neccessary for a sales professional to be a leader( in the company ) to take leadership in a sales opportunity with a client. - by rich34232
Ace,Absolutely there is more to leadership.However it is more about actions than a product.
I don't know where the "however" comes from. It's obvious in my personal example that I TOOK action when I became one of the first in the nation to champion a technological innovation in my industry, and my results showed the value of taking such a leadership role. The "product" was developed by a manufacturer--not me.

You are correct when you say that it is not necessary for a sales professional to be a leader( in the company ) to take leadership in a sales opportunity with a client. It seems to me you are talking about leading a prospect into a favorable and good decision. I view leadership as one of the vital factors that determine the skill level of a salesperson. As I made clear earlier, with presenting the skills that leadership encompasses, it goes beyond directing, guiding, or controlling a sales "process."

The initial questions of this topic remain the same. I look through my own lens when providing answers. I see leadership as part of a big picture--one that will impact career rather than any one selling opportunity.

I don't "toot horns", by the way. I share experiences. If the experiences are positive, there is NO reason for anyone here to describe or editorialize them as horn tooting. You've described positive experiences here about servicing the needs of your plumbing customers and, to the best of my knowledge, it did not provoke any responses of horn tooting. - by Ace Coldiron
Ace the however had nothing to do with you it was a change of direction .

I was complimenting you, sorry that you took it a different way. Most of us would not know what you have done and do unless you inform us " with us.I thought it would be ok since you used the term. Have a nice day - by rich34232
nobody no matter the field , industry or company or organisation she/he works with or product sold/marketted, wants to be led by a non performer or failure. leaders are mentors and role models.....worth emulating... - by temitope
Convincing the client to follow or be guided. Great leadership skills have people wanting to follow. - by rich34232
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.