Home > Follow-up > rejections on call back

rejections on call back

hi everyone, its my first time here.
wen i do present, it take 2 to 3 hrs, everything seems good, they still need to discuss at the end, then wen i call back, 'not at the moment' i recieve. I lost few big opportunities like this.
wen i call back, i come to point very fast by asking, have u thought about it! is it, weni call back, i should talk about them, or ne matter beside sales, and wait until they tell me on thier own if they decide yet or not?
during presentation: i listen alot, but listening listening i get nomonia...i mean very exhausted and may b thats y i dont bring out spark out of me,.... please give me tips for calling back after few days of presentation, and how should i start present....thanks. - by ronyhere
hi everyone, its my first time here.
wen i do present, it take 2 to 3 hrs, everything seems good, they still need to discuss at the end, then wen i call back, 'not at the moment' i recieve. I lost few big opportunities like this.
wen i call back, i come to point very fast by asking, have u thought about it! is it, weni call back, i should talk about them, or ne matter beside sales, and wait until they tell me on thier own if they decide yet or not?
during presentation: i listen alot, but listening listening i get nomonia...i mean very exhausted and may b thats y i dont bring out spark out of me,.... please give me tips for calling back after few days of presentation, and how should i start present....thanks.
In my OPINION... the problem might be that you are not presenting a solution to THEIR problems, wants, needs and desires.

I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but at the moment, I'm using a sales approach I've menonicized as EIRA.

Explore with the client who, what, when, where, how, how much, how many,how often, what are they doing now, how are they managing with our competitors product or not.

Identify areas that your product or service might fit into their operation and how it would be best integrated.

Recommend to them how your product or service might have relevance and illustrate how the features and benefits of your product might be a solution by tieing back your product or service to an identified area where you have commonality. This is where you will have your objections and questions as to how your product or service will work or not, how to make it work, and whether this is a good idea or not without having your client have to make a go/no go decision.

From here you'll get to the final presentation which will now be more of a summary of "progressive agreements" as Ace refers to them, and you can then come to final...

Agreement that your product or service will do the job and the sale. This can be a two or three meeting process.

Much Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
thanks rattus. You mean to say, i need to go for 2 or 3 presentations? actually, i am working with ro water purifiers manufacturers, we give on rental and sell also.
i will do emphasis on why how what how often etc questions like, as you advised. i will post the response of customers.

Question: how much time you recommand i should spend on knowing them and getting involve with them before i start presentation?

Question 2: Can you give me some prototype structure regarding: from stepping in house untill starting presentation? in order to have them liking me and trust me a bit and comfortable with me.

thanks - by ronyhere
thanks rattus. You mean to say, i need to go for 2 or 3 presentations? actually, i am working with ro water purifiers manufacturers, we give on rental and sell also.
i will do emphasis on why how what how often etc questions like, as you advised. i will post the response of customers.

Question: how much time you recommand i should spend on knowing them and getting involve with them before i start presentation?

Question 2: Can you give me some prototype structure regarding: from stepping in house untill starting presentation? in order to have them liking me and trust me a bit and comfortable with me.

thanks
thanks rattus. You mean to say, i need to go for 2 or 3 presentations?
Not necessarily, but you might want to break it down into a sequence of events... even if only one interview.

I'm not clear what exactly you sell, except reverse osmosis purifyers.

If you're selling to a homeowner, getting in the door is a big part of it. Once you're there, find out a little about them. Do they have children? Is the water they drink important to them? Do they drink bottled water? One of the best commercials I've seen for this ... "One hour in traffic, forever in a landfill!". Do they drink coffee, make juices, etc? Tap or Pure? What are their spending habits? If they were able to save money on water, what would they do with the savings?

In a discussion like this, you can then identify areas that maybe you could give them better water, save them money, save the environment, and relate the cost.

Write stuff down too. No record, no sale. If you cannot relate back to what they said, it's hard to make a point.

You can discuss these over the table without jeapardizing your sale and you can talk through objections this way without hazard. Once you've gotten through all this you can then summarize what you've learned from them, what they want what they don't want and move on with the sale.

Mr and Mrs Wantstobuyfromme, from what you tell me, if we move forward with this, you'll save 2/3rds of your drinking water bill, what are you going to do with the savings?"

Or whatever it is that you discover makes it the choice for them to move forward with your water maker... :)

Much Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
It sounds like there is a lack of passion and/or a lack of empathy for the customer's situation, as you get 'pneumonia'(?) listening to their issues. This would lead you into a situation where you're presenting into a vacuum - meaning that you haven't fully explored the needs/wants of the customer before launching into a 2-3 hour presentation of your solution.

I've found that even when my customers have what could be described as a 'one size fits all' solution, they still MUST ask some basic questions about why the solution you have in your bag is the one for them. Then you use their answers to tailor your presentation with their words and emotions - essentially letting them sell themselves.

When you call back, you replay some of this information to reassure them that your solution is the best (if not ONLY) option for them, and make sure you go back in person to get the signature on the contract. - by BradfordLMoore
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.