Home > Cold Calling > Win or Suck?

Win or Suck?

I am a reseller of over a million products PLUS services!
I sell IT equipment that is available from 1000's of other resellers and online companies. Margin is SLIM. ;ma
So I need MANY clients. Its my 3rd month here and I need to really start rolling!!!!!
Please tell me whatchu think of the script below. Keep in mind that 4-6 salespeople call these folks a week. shds;
I have been selling for 15 year and 7 years in this market and it has NEVER been this tough. xerm;

___________________ I need your help. Im just not sure my company can help you. Hence the call because Im your new IT rep from xyz Co. and I don’t want to waste your time.
Is it alright if we take 3 minutes to see if we can do anything for ya that isn’t being done currently?

Are you familiar with xyz Co.?

National reseller of hardware, software and ESPECIALLY services

Are you planning any IT projects?

Is there room for improvement in your current vendors?

I feel it would be a good investment of time to take 10 minutes face to face so we could review your network.
Where could I fit into your schedule over the next couple of weeks?" - by Gil Gunderson
no one wants to tell me if this is good???? :un Bad????? - by Gil Gunderson
I'm not sure no one wants to answer, some of us have been really busy this last day or two... but here is my original take on this and I am NOT THE BEST at this... so here is my observations...

Your approach is negative and would be for me a turn off at the first words.

"I need your help. = OK

Im just not sure my company can help you. Hence the call because Im your new IT rep from xyz Co. and I don’t want to waste your time. NO

Is it alright if we take 3 minutes to see if we can do anything for ya that isn’t being done currently?" NO

Asking for their help is fine... I'd change the way you ask for help such as "John, I need your help WITH....

I'd scratch the whole I'm not sure my company can help you.... why call then? Their time is valuable, yes, and not wasting their time is important... but I'd prefer for MYSELF something more along these lines.

"John, I'm your new IT rep from XYZ. We are currently introducing an exciting new __________ and I'd like your help in determining if this _________ would be a positive fit for your company.

Time is precious and I want to make sure you can evaluate this in proper perspective, may I take no more than 5 minutes now to discuss this with you since I ALREADY HAVE YOU ON THE PHONE?

As I mentioned, there are others who are much better at this than I, but this is my INITIAL observations on your approach.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool: - by rattus58
I'm not sure no one wants to answer, some of us have been really busy this last day or two... but here is my original take on this and I am NOT THE BEST at this... so here is my observations...

Your approach is negative and would be for me a turn off at the first words.

"I need your help. = OK

Im just not sure my company can help you. Hence the call because Im your new IT rep from xyz Co. and I donít want to waste your time. NO

Is it alright if we take 3 minutes to see if we can do anything for ya that isnít being done currently?" NO

Asking for their help is fine... I'd change the way you ask for help such as "John, I need your help WITH....

I'd scratch the whole I'm not sure my company can help you.... why call then? Their time is valuable, yes, and not wasting their time is important... but I'd prefer for MYSELF something more along these lines.

"John, I'm your new IT rep from XYZ. We are currently introducing an exciting new __________ and I'd like your help in determining if this _________ would be a positive fit for your company.

Time is precious and I want to make sure you can evaluate this in proper perspective, may I take no more than 5 minutes now to discuss this with you since I ALREADY HAVE YOU ON THE PHONE?

As I mentioned, there are others who are much better at this than I, but this is my INITIAL observations on your approach.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool:
Idk Tom, that sounds pretty good man. Short, sweet and positive. Pitch it with energy and I think you're golden.

thmbp2;

I'm new here and if what you say is true "there are others who are much better at this than I" I'm lucky to have found this forum. - by Justin Time
Thanks folks! I appreciate the feedback a LOT! ;sm - by Gil Gunderson
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.