Home > Cold Calling > Leaving a Voice Mail.....

Leaving a Voice Mail.....

Alrighty....
Very few folks call back when I leave a VM message. This is when I am cold calling and I get their VM instead of having the chance to speak with them.

I leave a short message with my Name and Number.

Im in the IT industry selling from reseller to end user.

Do you think leaving a voice mail is futile and/or useless? :dun

I cant recall any good coming out of them.

Especially once they discover they just called a salesperson! lagh2; ;st - by Gil Gunderson
I leave them but don't expect to hear back from them. When I do, I DO KNOW that they are interested... thmbp2;

Leaving messages have to be pointed, interesting, and relevant.

If ever there was a place for Carnegie's (I think) Attention, Interest, Conviction, Desire and Close, a phone message is it.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool: - by rattus58
I leave them but don't expect to hear back from them. When I do, I DO KNOW that they are interested... thmbp2;

Leaving messages have to be pointed, interesting, and relevant.

If ever there was a place for Carnegie's (I think) Attention, Interest, Conviction, Desire and Close, a phone message is it.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool:
I honestly dont think I could do all of that without lying my tail off. They heard EVERYTHING before. I even call to check to see if we are active vendors. Or ask for a vendor number or code. Sometimes I call and say I have a awesome value. :un

I sometimes ask if they recieved our W9. something... ANYTHING that is different. Right now Im about to just stop leaving voice mail. I just dont see.... after these guys get Sales Reps calling them once... twice a day trying to push THEIR company as the best to buy from.

And honestly, we are all very very similar. Its the IT industry. We are all selling the same MILLION plus products.... hardware.... software and services. And my marketing department has no programs to make us different in any way so its up to me to somehow SAY something different.... even though... its the SAME. :un - by Gil Gunderson
If you have to lie, you're already cooked. Maybe seeing them in person would be better.

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
If you have to lie, you're already cooked. Maybe seeing them in person would be better.

Aloha... :cool:
Alas they have no reason to see me. They are content with their current vendors. I honestly have nothing to bring to the table from the company Im with that is either new... interesting nor innovative. We sell hardware.... software and services. And our services.... ehhh.. I wont even go there stcktng;
So really... i just have to get lucky by calling and hoping I can use my charm and wit. But thats different than this thread title....
I just dont see leaving a VM being worth ANYTHING. xerm; - by Gil Gunderson
I'll try to be diplomatic here. Your attitude is your first obstacle. Fer crying out loud, if you have whatever they have, they have whatever you have.. about as level a playing field as you can get.. this is almost like insurance.

Bro.... it's YOUR IDEAS that make the difference. YOU are the IT GUY. They use your products. You have to show them HOW.

Here might be a good start to organize yourself... but you need to know WHAT YOU'RE SELLING and how your clients use this stuff. You have the BEST situation possible when no one else has anything better than you... Dude... Wake up!!

Much Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.