Home > Personal Selling > personal sales coach ?

personal sales coach ?

Hi Everyone

Any tips on how to choose the right coach or any recommendations based on your personal experience.

Wishing you all a happy healthy New Year - by pinnyz
PinnyZ,

I have just a simple answer for that question (good one, by the way). I think a good coach focuses on your customers, and helps you help them see value in your offering. If they can do that, they are a invaluable resource.

David - by David Mack
Hi Everyone

Any tips on how to choose the right coach or any recommendations based on your personal experience.

Wishing you all a happy healthy New Year
I've not picked a sales coach before, those that I've been privaleged to benefit from were provided me by the companies I worked for that provided them, but if I was to choose one for myself I would ask for three things I think...

1) Has he knocked on the doors I'm expected to knock on himself, so to speak, or is he a theoreotician just out of school.

2) What does he expect from me in order for ME to be successful.

3) Compensation.

Much Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
This should be a controversial first post.

Finding the right coach is never easy; so many variables. I humbly submit the following...

If I were giving advice I'd offer-
1. Find a coach that earnestly shares similar core values.
2. Find a coach that looks to enhance what is working not just fix what is wrong.
3. Find a coach that doesn't just give advice, but helps you discover your own advice.
4. Find a coach that is customer centric.
5. Find a coach that doesn't think they're the best out there.

If I were coaching you I might offer-
1. Discover/rediscover your core values, list 3-4 in order of importance.
2. Define and redefine why you are looking for a sales coach. Don't just define the reasons but rather define specific outcomes. Give it some thought and don't just answer "to increase leads or have a higher closing rate" be very specific and try to include the benefit to your customer in your consideration... List the top 3.
3. Of those 3 reasons/outcomes which are most closely related to your core values? How would building on those reasons strengthen your core values and enhance your customer's experience?
4. Ask your faithful customers how they might improve your offering.

As you can see my perspective is to improve on the delivery of your core values as they relate to your customer's experience. But I am very atypical... I think most people would look at how improving your skills would enhance your own experience.

pc - by papacoach
If I were giving advice I'd offer-
1. Find a coach that earnestly shares similar core values.
2. Find a coach that looks to enhance what is working not just fix what is wrong.
3. Find a coach that doesn't just give advice, but helps you discover your own advice.
4. Find a coach that is customer centric.
5. Find a coach that doesn't think they're the best out there.
I like all of that advice. - by Gary A Boye
I am a customer service coach for a loan company. A coach is someone that should focus on the quality and the customer experience. Development areas should also be a focus point of the coach in order to assist everyone. A coach should know the business inside out. Trends that are picked up by coach should be workshop with everyone in order to better things - by Andrew Ohlsson
I am a customer service coach for a loan company. A coach is someone that should focus on the quality and the customer experience. Development areas should also be a focus point of the coach in order to assist everyone. A coach should know the business inside out. Trends that are picked up by coach should be workshop with everyone in order to better things
I think what you are describing is very important for any business. But I don't think it describes sales coaching per se which would be in the realm of maximizing a individual's potential. - by Gary A Boye
When I was searching for a mentor I wanted one that was assertive and not afraid to give me a kick.What I like about this person is I am lead down a path where I can discover the answer on my own.

I have the same mentor that I have had for years . Recently I have found some really neat people who are dedicated to sales and are really wonderful fantastic people.

One such individual is right here in this site annd he gave me his personal time and I am forever grateful for his insight.I am not sure I am allowed to say his name and if I am let me know and I will. He deserves kudos. He hit the ball out of the ballpark for me and that improved my situation tremendously.At the same time made me think outside my own small box. - by rich34232
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.