Home > Cold Calling > Insurance Cold call instituted for call backs

Insurance Cold call instituted for call backs

This is a cold calling message designed to be left on a recorder with the idea to call back in the morning or following day.

Hi, my name is Michael Agent with Bestest Insurance here in Honolulu, and I’ve been calling businesses in your local area.

So far, we’ve been very successful with many of the companies we’ve met with by being able to either save them money, or keep them from spending money that they would otherwise have to, because of gaps in coverage, and that’s money you can use elsewhere in your business.

I’d really like the chance to meet with you and introduce myself in person.

Again, my name is Mike Agent with The Bestest Insurance, and my number is 555-0000.

Thank you. - by rattus58
I want to have some fun with this. Let's try something.
Hi, my name is Michael Agent with Bestest Insurance here in Honolulu.

I'm calling you specifically because I believe I can be very very successful in saving you money, or keep you from spending money that you don't need to, because of gaps in coverage. That would be money you can use elsewhere in your business.

I’d appreciate the chance to meet with you, introduce myself in person, and give you a brief overview of how I work, what I've done for others, and what I can do for you.

Again, my name is Mike Agent with The Bestest Insurance, and my number is 555-0000. - by Gary A Boye
Sounds like fun.... I'll have my son give it a shot this morning. I like the "calling you specifically" entre' into this too.

Thanks... - by rattus58
A little finesse came to me.

Hi, my name is Michael Agent with Bestest Insurance here in Honolulu.

I'm calling you specifically because I believe I can be very very successful in saving you money, or keep you from spending money that you don't need to, because of gaps in coverage. The smart money you save could be used elsewhere in your business.

I’d appreciate the chance to meet with you, introduce myself in person, and give you a brief overview of how I work, what I've done for others, and what I can do for you.

Again, my name is Mike Agent with The Bestest Insurance, and my number is 555-0000. - by Gary A Boye
Hi Gary... I passed this on to Michael and he's going to try it this evening. It's only 5 more words... :) People here in Hawaii are generally of other than caucasion descent if they own a business in many places "downtown". Many of these guys started as being layed off and looked for work (contractors) or were dream weavers and sometimes words get lost. Michael is going to have to practice "weaving" this into a local mindset.

Its possible he and I will be making calls together tomorrow so if so, this will be a good test for me as well. - by rattus58
I am skeptical of this whole approach, so I'd like to hear how it works out for you.

Please share with us how many appointments you get as a result of this automated message/follow up phone call process.

Also, is this automated message left to brand new prospects ("cold" calling) or to warmer leads (customers, former customers, past inquiries, etc.)? - by Rainmaker
I'm skeptical of ALL sales approaches till you work it in the field. My son, as of yesterday, made roughly 100 calls, got 3 return calls and one appointment. - by rattus58
Thank you for sharing that information. I've noticed very few people share real life statistics or experiences...but they love to talk theory. - by Rainmaker
Well we've nothing to hide primarily because we want to grow. We'll try almost anything once....sn; My son is a fireman for the Navy and has hours of free time at night. He hasn't tried calling back to many of these calls he left messages for I don't believe yet, but that is something I'm hoping he follows up on. He's 219 miles away from me, so stuff we do together is through the phone but we work together two or three times a month when we can. - by rattus58
Bob this is Michael at Bestest Insurance calling about a possible coverage gap in your policy. You can reach me at 555-0000. - by ClosedMinded
This is terrific idea.... I'll pass that on to him.... Way shorter and way more to the point...

Thank You... - by rattus58
How are the suggestions working out? - by ClosedMinded
Not so good so far.... he got on a bent the other day to call mortgage brokers... you scratch mine I'll scratch yours kinda thing and found out that we had over 50 brokers in Honolulu... emphasis on had.. but he ran into a broker who does reverse mortgages who told my son "you're the first one to call me and offer help". With that she asked him two questions, essentially, do you do long term care.... "Pops does!" Here, call these people who are looking and here is the list of folks that need insurance on the home.. Call my girl next week....

Talk about the right place at the right time.... On the other front, one lady sent my son their declarations pages of their homeowners to see if he could "beat their price". This was a result of these calls. This was a stroke of good fortune as well for him for not only did he reduce her premiums, we're asking one of the companies to readjust her premiums back to 2001, roughly $180 a year for an error one of our underwriters discovered. This led to another declarations page I have in front of me right now for a swimsuit company which was a referral from the first lady...

So, the calling is about a 2% return and my sons propensity for the path of least resistance netted another pool of oil.... :)

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
Any further development? I'm interested to see how this goes... I think this is a very good speech for that it's worth and as your son continues to learn how to pitch it, it'll become more powerful.

I like all the additional words that Gary added. - by MrCharisma
No developments over the weekend here, but he is working on the referrals that got.. We'll be back into this this week for him and for me as well. - by rattus58
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.