Home > Negotiation > Sales Negotiation Training

Sales Negotiation Training

What do you feel should be included in sales negotiation training? - by Community Mailbox
What do you feel should be included in sales negotiation training?
It should start with the following thought--something I was influenced by Lisa Earle McCleod to take quite seriously:

We need to learn to hold onto the customer's agenda as well as our own--at the same time--and not be afraid of losing our own agenda upon doing so.

- by Gary A Boye
We need to learn to hold onto the customer's agenda as well as our own--at the same time--and not be afraid of losing our own agenda upon doing so.
An excellent quote. Before we can sell to the customer we need to understand their situation and why they might need our services.

When we coach our salesmen about negotiation with customers we work on the importance of letting the customer understand the value of our product and lowering prices to fit the perceived value.

I have always seen a sales conversation as a 100 meter dash.
Just that instead of all of starting on the same side, the customer starts at one end and we at the other.

The sale occurs when we meet.

If I take a step towards the customer it equals me lowering the price. If I get the customer to take a step towards me I have succeeded in raising the perceived value of our product in their eyes.

The better we get at raising the perceived value, the higher prices we can charge and also the more sales we will make.

That is why it is the most important part of our sales negotiation practices. - by LookingDaniel
An excellent quote.
For the record--not a quote. It was my interpretation of some material the aforementioned writer had contributed and which I agreed with.

I'm always hesitant to quote what could be copyrighted material. - by Gary A Boye
For the record--not a quote. It was my interpretation of some material the aforementioned writer had contributed and which I agreed with.
Well Gary, than hats off to you. I got a new quote out of it thmbp2; - by LookingDaniel
The practice that most improves negotiation outcomes is forethought, planning, and preparation.

Forethought to anticipate the other side’s perspective, position, and flexibility. Planning to note your ideal outcome, worst acceptable position, and what factors are variables. Preparation to memorise appropriate facts, trial anticipated dialogue, and mentally rehearse the flow and outcome. - by Clive Miller
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.