Home > Presentation > Sales Presentation Training

Sales Presentation Training

Given the choice, what would you like to see covered in sales presentation training? - by Community Mailbox
Maybe this answer is too simplistic but I think the most important thing to teach someone about giving a sales presentation is for them to know what the objective of the presentation is. Is it to make the sale? Is it to get in front of the actual decision-maker? etc. - by DaveB
I'd like to more regarding the psychology of sales. I recently listened to a Hopkins CD wherein the speaker suggested not using certain terms in favour of others.

For example, not "buy" or "sell", but rather "own".
And not "pay" or "payments" or "cost", but rather (where appropriate) "investment".

I wouldn't have given inherent thought to the importance of the psychological impact of words, but now I'm rethinking my entire presentation.

I'd like more on the psychology of selling, and how to capitalize when we perceive a positive shift in the clients mentality. - by mikearama
The main point about a sales presentation is that it should have an equal-and-opposite twin....namely the qualification.

Match or marry the 'presentation' to the 'qualification' (you do do a qualification always...don't you?) and it is just like knocking down skittles one at a time.....and it is also a very beautiful thing to behold. - by helisell
Good Point, but how do you qualify a person based on appearance? you don't you have to uncover information about them first. So, I think a good start would be expert advice on how to approach a person your opening remarks before you get into asking them questions that leave you and your prospect still feeling comfortable. - by ronniebryan
I'm happy to give expert advice on that subject.
If you give me an example of a product and a situation I'll show you how it's done. - by helisell
Alright, let us say your marketing an energy drink. one of your friends mentions they like taking Rockstar (real life example) so, you ask him what he enjoys about Rockstar. He mentions taste and price as benefits he enjoys . I am thinking the next questions you would ask is what does it taste like? and how much does it cost? so then he tells you.
Now your energy drink cost $49.99 and is a powder that has to be mixed with a liquid.
Rockstar has an orange flavor, is only $7.99 and does not have to be mixed. Are you going to back out of the sale at this point? or how would you uncover more facts? - by ronniebryan
OK well let's just get the context right first.

Am I just chatting to the friend?

Or am I really attempting to sell the new drink to him as an actual customer?

Are there such things as retail drinks salespeople?? or am I more likely to be selling the drink to a wholesaler or retailer?

I want to answer your question as best I can but I would need to
clarify the background first......then I'll give it a real shot for you. - by helisell
My two cents.

Having read the gentleman's profile and blog, I would gather that the "marketing" of the drink lies in the realm of network marketing (MLM). If that's the case, and he has thus far positioned himself solely into a this drink vs. that drink situation, it seems he is competing on the wrong Ground. - by Gary A Boye
Ah....now it makes sense.

I should've checked....but I'm still willing to give it a go.

I would only be able to do this if........the more expensive product has some genuine over-riding benefit over the cheaper drink.

If it hasn't then I don't think I would be very comfortable selling it to 'anybody'

If it does have some big advantage.....and if Ronnie can let me know what that is....I would still be happy to give it a go. - by helisell

Are there such things as retail drinks salespeople?? or am I more likely to be selling the drink to a wholesaler or retailer?

clarify the background first......then I'll give it a real shot for you.

Thank You Gentlemen, and I appreciate all replies so, I will address the two cents later , but for now we will get into the background .

Am I just chatting to the friend? No, this is not just casual conversation this friend was interested in a better product if you knew one that existed. He needed something that could keep him awake without giving him a headache. He liked Rockstars cost and flavor and the fact it did not give him a headache, but even after drinking several of them he still felt drowsy.

Or am I really attempting to sell the new drink to him as an actual customer? No, he is a prospect but you have to uncover if what you have is a good fit for his needs.

The Powder drink is along the lines of a Networking Market Company.

(so, assuming what I do is MLM was close the only difference between MLM and what I do is MLM requires a set sales volume of product to earn commissions, they also require collection of payments, and the incentives are based on sales volume of other people or number of new distributors that sign up.

Network Marketing your paid to direct consumers to the company not you. When they do business with the company you get a commission. They also include the MLM feature that if you get new reps under you; you can also get a commission from total team volume in sales. You do not collect payments, or keep an inventory .

Neither, is considered illegal 'Pyramid Companies' are illegal these are businesses according to the Federal Trade Commission and Direct Sales Administration as business that have no real tangible product . They create sales through memberships, starter kits, and company collateral (Books, DVDS, CD'S, etc ) that allows the distributor to not really make any money and all income generated usually goes to the head or tip of the pyramid typically CEO and maybe a few close friends. This is illegal because it is not a level playing field for everyone involved.

I just wanted to clear that up for reader's who might take me as someone to not do business with based on the industry I am in. The industry I am in is Direct Sales. I do Mass-Marketing and Network Marketing for multiple companies=)

Back to the Powder, it is one of the hundreds of products that I am able to promote how it is marketed is at my discretion but out target market is more along the lines of B2C and not B2B.

I hope this helps? - by ronniebryan

clarify the background first......then I'll give it a real shot for you.

Thank You Gentlemen, and I appreciate all replies so, I will address the two cents later , but for now we will get into the background .

Am I just chatting to the friend? No, this is not just casual conversation this friend was interested in a better product if you knew one that existed. He needed something that could keep him awake without giving him a headache. He liked Rockstars cost and flavor and the fact it did not give him a headache, but even after drinking several of them he still felt drowsy.

Or am I really attempting to sell the new drink to him as an actual customer? No, he is a prospect but you have to uncover if what you have is a good fit for his needs.

The Powder drink is along the lines of a Networking Market Company.

(so, assuming what I do is MLM was close the only difference between MLM and what I do is MLM requires a set sales volume of product to earn commissions, they also require collection of payments, and the incentives are based on sales volume of other people or number of new distributors that sign up.

Network Marketing your paid to direct consumers to the company not you. When they do business with the company you get a commission. They also include the MLM feature that if you get new reps under you; you can also get a commission from total team volume in sales. You do not collect payments, or keep an inventory .

Neither, is considered illegal 'Pyramid Companies' are illegal these are businesses according to the Federal Trade Commission and Direct Sales Administration as business that have no real tangible product . They create sales through memberships, starter kits, and company collateral (Books, DVDS, CD'S, etc ) that allows the distributor to not really make any money and all income generated usually goes to the head or tip of the pyramid typically CEO and maybe a few close friends. This is illegal because it is not a level playing field for everyone involved.

I just wanted to clear that up for reader's who might take me as someone to not do business with based on the industry I am in. The industry I am in is Direct Sales. I do Mass-Marketing and Network Marketing for multiple companies=)

Back to the Powder, it is one of the hundreds of products that I am able to promote how it is marketed is at my discretion but our target market is more along the lines of B2C and not B2B.

I hope this helps? - by ronniebryan
That is great guys, and I reviewed your messages once again, the only real advantage is in how the drink is manufactured, but my friend isn't concerned whether it is all natural or not what is his concerns?

* Will it keep me awake
* Will it fit my budget
* Is it worth my time to try it
* Will it not give me a headache

I am going to share with you, this is a real life example but I let the sale go This example happened about two months ago , in my opinion I didn't feel what I had to offer was a right fit for my friend . I only brought it up in discussion to see if what I did was the right thing. - by ronniebryan
If your firend is a 'typical' kind of customer......
and you didn't think it was right for 'him'

Does it have some benefits that would make it 'right' for someone else?

I think what I'm trying to say is...is it any good as a product?

If it doesn't have some over-riding, unique benefit then it would be incredibly difficult to sell to anyone. - by helisell
Knowing the objective is always important in a sales presentation. It helps you design the presentation specifically to achieve your goal. - by Faizalnisar
Communication is 7% verbal language, 38% paralanguage and 55% body language. It's not just what you say, it's how you say it that matters. - by Faizalnisar
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.