Home > Cold Calling > Script Help Please!

Script Help Please!

Just came from this thread - http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-10843.html - where excellent advice was given, and hoping to benefit from the support of this community.

Here's what I have now, and I'm going to re-work it this minute based on what I read in the above thread.

Your help is VERY MUCH appreciated!!

Hi [NAME], this is Joshua with Reliable Receptionist in WALNUT CREEK. We are a high-tech REMOTE RECEPTIONIST service.

We sent you a postcard recently, have you seen it?

I’m just calling to see if you’ve ever lost an opportunity because a client call went to voicemail?

We make sure every call is answered live and professionally, so you can concentrate on the task at hand. We actually work with a lot of [BUSINESS TYPE] here in the East Bay, and have helped them increase profits by scheduling appointments with callers that usually hang up on voicemail.

Who usually answers the phone now?

Please give us a call at 925.627.4200, or check out our website at RELIABLERECEPTIONIST.COM.

Thanks!
- by Phateless
IF you have local clients in the same industry and can use their names then I would add them like so:

"We actually work with a lot of [BUSINESS TYPE] here in the East Bay such as [customer name 1] and [customer name 2]"

It adds credibility - by DaveB
Thanks Dave.

Based on the advice given in the other thread, I've revised my script to this. Looking for input.

Hi [NAME], my name is Joshua Resneck, and I’m calling from RELIABLE RECEPTIONIST in WALNUT CREEK.
We have a unique remote receptionist service that we are offering to customer-service-based companies.

Essentially, we make sure every call is answered live, keep callers out of voicemail, and make our clients more money. May I call you at a specific time so I can give you a brief overview of how it works, at the very least we’ll see if it might be a good fit for your company.

I know you’re busy. How about tomorrow? What time is good for you?
- by Phateless
Phateless...

Why don't you (or someone in the company) write a report on how businesses can make a lot more profit by having great phone coverage.

Then call prospects by saying:

Hi....we've written a great (12 page) report that helps businesses like yours make a lot more profit by having advanced call handling strategies. The report is completely free and I can send it out to you today if you'd be interested in maximising your company profits in these hard times?

All I need to know is who to address the envelope to...is it normally you who would deal with this kind of thing or (who is the person most responsible for increasing profits at your company?)

The you can do a follow up call in a day or two to the person you addressed the report to. - by helisell
Phateless, you may be interested in a short list I recently compiled for a project. It consists of 11 wordings that I recommend never be used in an approach to a prospective buyer.
  • I’m going to be in your neighborhood…
  • Recently I found your card on my desk…
  • I help businesses like yours…
  • I work with businesses like yours…
  • I’ve helped businesses increase their bottom line…
  • I’m calling to get your opinion on…
  • …two minutes of your time…
  • I’ve been asked to call you…
  • This is a courtesy call…
  • I have done some research on your company and…
  • I know you’re busy…
- by Gary A Boye
Phateless...

Why don't you (or someone in the company) write a report on how businesses can make a lot more profit by having great phone coverage.

Hi....we've written a great (12 page) report that helps businesses like yours make a lot more profit by having advanced call handling strategies. The report is completely free and I can send it out to you today if you'd be interested in maximising your company profits in these hard times?

All I need to know is who to address the envelope to...is it normally you who would deal with this kind of thing or (who is the person most responsible for increasing profits at your company?)

The you can do a follow up call in a day or two to the person you addressed the report to.
I like that idea, and will try to commit some time to this over the summer when I'm only working full-time, not working full-time and going to school two nights a week.

Phateless, you may be interested in a short list I recently compiled for a project. It consists of 11 wordings that I recommend never be used in an approach to a prospective buyer.
  • I know you’re busy…
Thanks for these. What do you recommend as a strategy to avoid these phrases? - by Phateless
Luke....there is no try....only DO or NOT DO

P.S. the way to avoid the phrases suggested by Gary (to not use) is to not use them ;0) - by helisell
Luke....there is no try....only DO or NOT DO

P.S. the way to avoid the phrases suggested by Gary (to not use) is to not use them ;0)
EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!lagh2; - by Gary A Boye
Phateless...

The you can do a follow up call in a day or two to the person you addressed the report to.
I agree. You need to try and emphasize the monetary value to the business owner. Money lost/earned ect - by coldcallmaster
I agree. You need to try and emphasize the monetary value to the business owner. Money lost/earned ect
Appreciate the input, and will certainly get to that when I'm not struggling to keep up with school. In the meantime, here's what my script has kind of migrated to at the moment.

Hi [NAME], my name is Joshua Resneck with RELIABLE RECEPTIONIST in WALNUT CREEK.

We sent you a postcard recently – what did you think?

82% of Americans regard “immediate availability” by phone as an “important” or the “most important” factor in choosing a service provider, and we help you catch the clients who would have hung up on your voicemail.

I’d like to give you a brief overview of what we do, so at the very least we’ll see if we might be a good fit for your company.
- by Phateless
Met with a business coach who gave me some tips. Curious to see what you guys think of this script:

Hi this is Joshua with Reliable Receptionist in Walnut Creek.
We turn calls into clients because we know that missed calls can cost HVAC companies money.
Could your business use one extra client each week?
We specialize in doing that for our HVAC clients now and I’d like to schedule a time to walk you through HOW it works.
I have time next week on weds at 2 and thurs at 1. Which one is better for you?
- by Phateless
Hello Joshua. For my own clarity... what is your desired outcome for the initial contact (what do you want to happen) and in your opinion how can the prospective client help you achieve this? - by Jeff Blackwell
Hello Joshua. For my own clarity... what is your desired outcome for the initial contact (what do you want to happen) and in your opinion how can the prospective client help you achieve this?
I want to schedule a phone call/web demo/meeting. - by Phateless
I want to schedule a phone call/web demo/meeting.
What has to happen for the prospective client to WANT to schedule a phone call/web demo/meeting? - by Jeff Blackwell
What has to happen for the prospective client to WANT to schedule a phone call/web demo/meeting?
They need incentive of some kind; either they're missing client calls or they need someone to screen their calls because they get too many. - by Phateless
They need incentive of some kind; either they're missing client calls or they need someone to screen their calls because they get too many.
Tell me more about what you mean when you say they need incentive of some kind. - by Jeff Blackwell
  • I know you’re busy…
I love this. I have been using a list like this in my training for a while. I would add the old favourite:

"If i could show you a way to reduce your [business area] costs by 27% you would be interested wouldn't you?" - by peter-odonoghue
One other option would be to deliberatly ring when you are likely to get voicemail. This will enable you to get through twice/three times as many calls in a short time.

You must then structure a fantastic voicemail message that will arouse enough curiousity to get them to ring back. I have completely made up all of the following stats so fill in with real info:

"Hi steve, this is {name} with reliable receptionist. We ensure you never lose business through prospective customers reaching voicemail. Studies show that in your line of business, 86% of callers will never leave a message and move on to the next supplier. How much could that be costing your business? Try us out for 1 month FREE by caling 0000000000 or signup online at www.yourwebsite.com "

Also don't forget to search the yellow pages, google local and local vans e.t.c for people with cell numbers. These will be great prospective clients too. - by peter-odonoghue
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.