Home > Cold Calling > Using Buying Facilitation in cold calls

Using Buying Facilitation in cold calls

I have recently finished reading Dirty Little Secrets and am reading Buying Facilitation, both by Sharon Drew Morgen.

I was wondering if someone has used this approach in cold calling and how they use it and what results they have.

Thanks for your help - by sperales
I have recently finished reading Dirty Little Secrets and am reading Buying Facilitation, both by Sharon Drew Morgen.

I was wondering if someone has used this approach in cold calling and how they use it and what results they have.
What approach are you referring to? Can you give an example? - by Gary A Boye
Hi Gary,

I do expense reduction for companies as an external consultant, and my problem with this format is I wouldn't know if I should begin with a regular cold call format or if to start asking questions of how they are doing their cost reduction and what would they need to consider using an external consultant for doing this type of a job. - by sperales
Hi Gary,

I do expense reduction for companies as an external consultant, and my problem with this format is I wouldn't know if I should begin with a regular cold call format or if to start asking questions of how they are doing their cost reduction and what would they need to consider using an external consultant for doing this type of a job.
I think Morgen's material is very viable for your type of work. You still need to approach a cold call with the intent of stating who you are and what you do. My own advice is to refrain from using the words "help" (as in "we help companies...") or "work with" (as in we work with companies to...").

That said, the philosophy behind "what would they need to consider.." is very solid and it is certainly worth adapting what you learned to your current efforts.

One last thing. I know that Morgen gave examples of her own "cold calling" where she introduced herself and said "This is a sales call." I would trash that. - by Gary A Boye
Thanks Gary, I am looking to learn more of this Buying Facilitation methodology. - by sperales
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.