Home > Personal Selling > Pitch Help Security ALarms

Pitch Help Security ALarms

Looking for a really good opening pitch to selling security alarms anything would be great... - by faithbeme
nothing? come on guys. - by faithbeme
Many times the use of the word "pitch" will turn off professionals who sell. That may be the case as to why you are not getting response from members.

Perhaps someone here who sells security devices will offer you some advice. - by Gary A Boye
I have to agree with Gary.....I see the word 'pitch' and think......sheez.....somebody else who doesan't understand the business. - by helisell
Looking for a really good opening pitch to selling security alarms anything would be great...
Before 'Pitch', you need to work your way through this exercise:

Put yourself inside the mind of the homeowner. How is your offering different/better than what he's heard from the seven other alarm salesmen who have knocked on his door this week?

And if he's already said 'No' seven times this week, what are the reasons for 'No'. (One of the most overlooked marketing tactics is developing a thorough understanding of why people don't buy from us.)

Work you way through that and then what you say in your 'pitch' will become obvious. - by DaveB
Before 'Pitch', you need to work your way through this exercise:

Put yourself inside the mind of the homeowner. How is your offering different/better than what he's heard from the seven other alarm salesmen who have knocked on his door this week?

And if he's already said 'No' seven times this week, what are the reasons for 'No'. (One of the most overlooked marketing tactics is developing a thorough understanding of why people don't buy from us.)

Work you way through that and then what you say in your 'pitch' will become obvious.
The forum has a real shortage of real life examples. Can you give examples of why people have not bought from you, and what was the "work through" method you personally used? - by Gary A Boye
The forum has a real shortage of real life examples. Can you give examples of why people have not bought from you, and what was the "work through" method you personally used?
When I do consulting work for my clients, I find it best to start with defining their unique value. I want to know what problems they solve for their customers. Sometimes the best way is to call a few recent customers, have an open-ended conversation, and then when things have warmed up just ask, "I'm curious, Mrs Smith. Can you tell me why you chose to do business with me and not one of my competitors."

I recently did this for a client who is a painter. He owns a franchise who's schtick is "We'll paint any room for $199". Price Price Price. Our phone calls told an entirely different story:

1. His happy customers were elderly and physically unable to do the painting themselves,
2. Some heavy furniture needed moved and most painting contractors would not do that,
3. The painting job was small enough that most contractors were not interested, and
4. His customers needed an extra high-quality paint-matching.

Price was NEVER mentioned.

My client was simply sending the wrong marketing message. His services and his customer's needs were an exact match but his marketing message told a completely different story.

Changing the message (and the geographic target of his marketing) had an overnight impact upon his business.

EXAMPLE 2:

I have a friend named Mark who is one of the most brilliant marketing and business development people I know. He was engaged by a local Training company. It was near the beginning of the current recession, the training company's sales had fallen way off, and they wanted to fix it.

Mark discovered:

1. The Training Company's offering had traditionally been sold to HR managers, and HR managers were the Training company's biggest ally. Economic conditions however have caused most HR managers to lose much of their purchasing approval authority. Mark found that purchases of the required magnitude now required CEO approval.

2. The HR manager and the CEO speak different languages and the HR managers were not able to convey the training's value to the CEO in terms the CEO could relate to. (I don't mean languages specifically. I mean they talk in different terms, have very different perspectives, and place high value upon entirely different things.)

The solution was to create collateral material specifically for the HR manager to provide to the CEO. This collateral was designed specifically to speak in the CEO's language.

The result was that even during the current recession, the training company is breaking all sales records. - by DaveB
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.