Home > Personal Selling > When Should You Not Pursue the Sale?

When Should You Not Pursue the Sale?

Can you think of any situations when you personally would not want to continue pursuit of a sale? If so, why? If not, why? - by Gary A Boye
For me it's when I can't trust the client, either as a person or as the company. Then I don't pursue the sale. - by sperales
One of the most empowering freedoms I have is to be able to 'fire' clients and prospects.

1. If I truly believe in my product or service (and I do) then what I do is more like evangelism than selling. Carrying that analogy a little further, I pursue agnostics but not atheists. In other words if the prospect has made up his mind that he doesn't want/need my product I move on.

2. My single most valuable asset is my reputation, and that includes my reputation for producing positive results. If I feel that the results are not going to reflect positively on me then I move on. - by DaveB
One of the most empowering freedoms I have is to be able to 'fire' clients and prospects.

1. If I truly believe in my product or service (and I do) then what I do is more like evangelism than selling. Carrying that analogy a little further, I pursue agnostics but not atheists. In other words if the prospect has made up his mind that he doesn't want/need my product I move on.

2. My single most valuable asset is my reputation, and that includes my reputation for producing positive results. If I feel that the results are not going to reflect positively on me then I move on.
Well said. That makes very good sense. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.