Home > Technology > What Software Tools do you Use to Market

What Software Tools do you Use to Market

I was Wondering What Software tools here you guys use to market to get your bussnies noticed on the web for example iSeekTraffic - ubmission software that submits to 8500+ search engines, directories and links pages. another example is Global Trade Poster - Software to cross post classified ads and trade leads to trade message boards and classifieds. so does any one use marketing softwares like the examples or something else. like that can see what is good and what is bad on marketing softwares. - by Sanddollar
This is selfpromotion but what can I do?

I created the tool and use if to get free traffic It works!

I am not boasting. You can check me for my keyword - I am on 1st page in top search engines (surely Google too). - by freetraff
Yes, I use UniqueArticltWiz and have for around 6 months now, I find it great to build back links, and traffic, I am also testing another one now called Synnd it is a way of syndicating all your social media marketing. - by Smile
Something to sober us all up.

'Get free traffic' has 720 searches per month according to Google.

If you get to page one on Google in position 3 (say) you could expect to get clicked by 8% of the searchers (no. 1 position gets 42% according to recent tests) so 8% of 720 = 58 clicks per month (are you sobering up yet?)

All you gotta do now is work out your site conversion rate and do the math.

Drop to position 4 or 5 and the click rate drops to 3 or 4%.

This is from highly targetted (they searched for 'Get Free Traffic') visitors.

Now if we look at traffic from online classifieds say (not targetted in the same sense as a searched term) we can expect even lower conversion rates.

This is why many web businesses find it hard to make money and why submitting to 8500+ search engines is not the answer to the problem.

Common sense says that there must be enormous multiples of the measly 720 a month searching Google who would probably be interested in getting free traffic to their website so the potential must be huge...but how do you get them to YOUR website.

Same problem applies to a multitude of other search terms of course.

If you delve into the equation of 'numbers of searches', and 'numbers of sites ranked on page one for those searches' you can grab tons of free traffic without posting to any article sites, without backlinks, and with a low PR. - by helisell
If you delve into the equation of 'numbers of searches', and 'numbers of sites ranked on page one for those searches' you can grab tons of free traffic without posting to any article sites, without backlinks, and with a low PR.
Help!

Scatching my head--not quite understanding. Can you explain some more? Thanks in advance. - by Ace Coldiron
Hi Ace,

If you find a search term with around 1000 searches a month the google algorithm changes and takes little, if any, notice of inbound links, site popularity etc when it ranks a site in the search results.

They use the domain name itself as the most weighty ranking factor.

So if you owned the domain 'purpledogfood dot com' and around 1000 per month search on 'purple dog food' you will rank number one very quickly (a few days) without taking into account any of the 'normal' factors like PR, popularity, keyword density etc.

Obviously the trick is to find the keywords searched on first (looking for around 1000 searches per month...less than this is not really worth it and more than this and google take into account the other factors mentioned) and then register the domain for that search term if it is available.

Using my original figures...around 42% of searchers will click on the first google result. 42% of 1000 searches gives you 420 visits....for free...apart from the cost of registering the domain.

There are one or two little quirks to this but that is the basic story.

How do I know it works and why don't I keep it to myself?

I've been generating traffic this way for the last 12 months.

This info was told openly at a seminar I attended a year ago...did anyone make notes?.....well I did. - by helisell
I use SEO tools such as Roboform, SEO Quake, SEO Firefox, SubmitSuite2.0 etc to market my sites in the differents search engines!

thank you - by Team Building FL
I use SEO tools such as Roboform, SEO Quake, SEO Firefox, SubmitSuite2.0 etc to market my sites in the differents search engines!

thank you
As well as SEO Quake and SEO Firefox, I also use Keyword Spy Firefox Plugin, SEO Book, WAVE, SENSEO, Firebug, Bruce Clays "SEOToolset", SEOMoz (Backling Analysis etc) and, when applicable, WEB CEO and IBP (as both are used for VERY specific functions). All these tools allow me to help clients with optimising their websites from the top down - the only real way to dot every "i" and cross every "t". I also use a Multiple Page W3C Validation checker (messy coding can and does affect SEO), ReverseIP (SEO starts with Hosting...), YSLOW (Page Download Speed Checker - critical for Google's new Caffeine update...) , Duplicate Content checkers and Wordtracker Firefox Plugin for Blogs.

And people think SEO'ers just send over a ranking report every now and then and change a few Title Tags! msnwnk; - by Tonyd
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.