Home > Personal Selling > Play by Play - Belly Up!

Play by Play - Belly Up!

Hi there, Does anyone have any links or references to some good audio or transcripts of some actual belly to belly professional deals being made? Wow, that would be awesome and very helpful to hear some deals go down. I have lots of sales audio programs but none of them showcase real world activity. thanks my friends! - by bobster999
Hi there, Does anyone have any links or references to some good audio or transcripts of some actual belly to belly professional deals being made? Wow, that would be awesome and very helpful to hear some deals go down. I have lots of sales audio programs but none of them showcase real world activity. thanks my friends!
I agree totally with the need for real world selling scenarios in sales education. However, it seems to me that actual recordings would be invasive to the prospect/buyer world. - by Gary A Boye
I agree totally with the need for real world selling scenarios in sales education. However, it seems to me that actual recordings would be invasive to the prospect/buyer world.
Hi Gary, I have read several of your responses to other posts and enjoy your prospectives. While it could be seen as invasive, intrusive etc... I dont think its illegal to record unless the conversation is via the telephone. And as long as the parties are not identified then i cant fathom any harm being done at all. I think the benefits to a novice salesperson would be tremendous. - by bobster999
Hi Gary, I have read several of your responses to other posts and enjoy your prospectives. While it could be seen as invasive, intrusive etc... I dont think its illegal to record unless the conversation is via the telephone. And as long as the parties are not identified then i cant fathom any harm being done at all. I think the benefits to a novice salesperson would be tremendous.
Not everything that is harmful is illegal. - by Gary A Boye
Not everything that is harmful is illegal.
While i acknowledge your statement as true, can you explain where the harm would be ( you cant identify who the players are ) in listening to two intelligent people negotiate between buyer and seller to conclude a sell? - by bobster999
While i acknowledge your statement as true, can you explain where the harm would be ( you cant identify who the players are ) in listening to two intelligent people negotiate between buyer and seller to conclude a sell?
Well, first of all, that scenario would be pretty difficult to attain. There are not many intelligent people who would not respond with something bordering on vitriol if they found out that their dialogue, which includes information shared between two parties, was being recorded or spied on in clandestine fashion. I'm intelligent, and I would throw that salesperson out the door if I found out. So you might say that's harmful in terms of my never doing business with that salesperson again.

More important is if that sort of behavour starts to infest our profession with the resultant distrust caused by a few people who are so inept at learning that they need to sneak around corners to compensate, we would certainly have the wrong people entering our profession. And that too would be harmful.

If you want to get beyond novice, start going belly to belly with prospects yourself. - by Gary A Boye
Well, first of all, that scenario would be pretty difficult to attain. There are not many intelligent people who would not respond with something bordering on vitriol if they found out that their dialogue, which includes information shared between two parties, was being recorded or spied on in clandestine fashion. I'm intelligent, and I would throw that salesperson out the door if I found out. So you might say that's harmful in terms of my never doing business with that salesperson again.

More important is if that sort of behavour starts to infest our profession with the resultant distrust caused by a few people who are so inept at learning that they need to sneak around corners to compensate, we would certainly have the wrong people entering our profession. And that too would be harmful.

If you want to get beyond novice, start going belly to belly with prospects yourself.
I was only looking for constructive positive or negative inputs. - by bobster999
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.