Home > Resistance > Question

Question

Why do managers get upset if you drop the price so much IF you get the deal to come in?

For instance, if you price high to begin with, but based on your conversation with the potential client, he is only willing to do a low price (that would be an acceptable deal anyways if you started around there), why is it unacceptable to drop the price that much? I feel as long as the price on the deal is acceptable it is OK. - by fljs83
You can never say that any deal is a good deal...if the profit is too low and it's unsustainable then you guys wont be in business long.

Check out one my my old posts with this link below, i think that "Higher Prices Rule"

http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-3681.html - by Tony Dunne
Why do managers get upset if you drop the price so much IF you get the deal to come in?

For instance, if you price high to begin with, but based on your conversation with the potential client, he is only willing to do a low price (that would be an acceptable deal anyways if you started around there), why is it unacceptable to drop the price that much? I feel as long as the price on the deal is acceptable it is OK.
I'll answer your question as you have asked it. Managers get upset in those cases because they object to you managing the sale. It's a control issue having less to do with profit consciousness than with maintaining pecking order and their own job security. - by Gary A Boye
I'll answer your question as you have asked it. Managers get upset in those cases because they object to you managing the sale. It's a control issue having less to do with profit consciousness than with maintaining pecking order and their own job security.

I absolutely agree with this answer! - by MPrince
I'll answer your question as you have asked it. Managers get upset in those cases because they object to you managing the sale. It's a control issue having less to do with profit consciousness than with maintaining pecking order and their own job security.