Home > Personal Selling > Sales question

Sales question

In my last job to make commission you needed to make 10k in sales for a month. That seemed reasonable (but I had little to compare it off of). My question is how come the commission rate didn't increase if you made 20k in sales a month? Is that unusual for a sales job? - by fljs83
In my last job to make commission you needed to make 10k in sales for a month. That seemed reasonable (but I had little to compare it off of). My question is how come the commission rate didn't increase if you made 20k in sales a month? Is that unusual for a sales job?
If you had a monthly salary and commission beyond 10K at the rate of 20%, that seems reasonable.

So, if you sold 10K at 20% that equals $2,000.00 commission

If you sold 20K at 20% that equals $4,000.00 commission.

Both are reasonable.

If you sold 30K at 20% that equals $6,000.00 commission.

While the percentage is the same the money increases. So, the rate should never change.

I hope I understood you. shds; - by John Voris
Commission accelerators are quite common but not universal. - by TonyB
In my last job to make commission you needed to make 10k in sales for a month. That seemed reasonable (but I had little to compare it off of). My question is how come the commission rate didn't increase if you made 20k in sales a month? Is that unusual for a sales job?
It is not usual to have accelerators, actually it depends on the industry. - by AlenMajer
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.