Home > Approach > Hard selling

Hard selling

I was trained to just tell the potential client to go see my service right now when I am on the phone. I say "let me show you what I am talking about, go to Google". I also sound like a machine when I do this as I do the same thing each time but it is a numbers game. Any thoughts? - by fljs83
First... when did you decide it was okay to sound like a machine?

Second... what leads you to believe that sales is a numbers game? - by Jeff Blackwell
I don't sound like a machine but I say the same thing each time, that is what I meant.

Sales is a numbers game because most people are not interested in the product you have to sell (at least in the product I sold), so I figure call/e-mail as many people as possible and sound competent, it worked for me. - by fljs83
I don't sound like a machine but I say the same thing each time, that is what I meant.
Within reason I don't see any inherent challenge with communicating a consistent message to your prospective clients. Of course, if the message is "canned" meaning it doesn't change regardless of the individual prospect's unique and specific needs then that is a different story.

Sales is a numbers game because most people are not interested in the product you have to sell (at least in the product I sold), so I figure call/e-mail as many people as possible and sound competent, it worked for me.
A part of good selling is good prospecting. Calling on people who are not interested in the product you have to sell is not the highest and best use of a salesperson's time. - by Jeff Blackwell
I agree calling/e-mailing the best leads makes the most sense. But even calling/e-mailing adequate leads like a machine will lead to good results if you put the time into it. - by fljs83
But even calling/e-mailing adequate leads like a machine will lead to good results if you put the time into it.
At the end of the day if you are satisfied with results you achieve then mission accomplished. - by Jeff Blackwell
Maybe you sound like a machine to yourself, however you are always talking with different people, and that is the magic of selling. Include your personality into the conversation and you will be more successful! - by AlenMajer
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.