Home > Education > Different sales strategies

Different sales strategies

I was thinking about the different sales processes and thought it would be good to create list of different sales processes for anyone in the future.

The process we use is:
1) send postal letter to prospect
2) follow up with call to get appointment
3) have meeting
4) send quote letter
5) call for feedback on quote & set appointment for sign up meeting
6) have sign up meeting and get contract signed

Industry / Product: Accountancy Services

Please add your process and ensure you add you industry or product you sell. - by countinformation
No replies? I guess it wasn't such a good idea after all ! - by countinformation
No replies? I guess it wasn't such a good idea after all !
Replies here don't validate good ideas. A lot of people on this forum have not reached the level you exhibit with your strategy. Go for it. It looks good to me! - by Gary A Boye
I was thinking about the different sales processes and thought it would be good to create list of different sales processes for anyone in the future.

The process we use is:
1) send postal letter to prospect
2) follow up with call to get appointment
3) have meeting
4) send quote letter
5) call for feedback on quote & set appointment for sign up meeting
6) have sign up meeting and get contract signed

Industry / Product: Accountancy Services

Please add your process and ensure you add you industry or product you sell.
What kind of results do you have with this process? What are your ratios for calls to appointments and appointments to sales? Do you just send a quote or do you actually go out and build value in your service? I know in my industry if we were to just send a quote with a figured on it we'd get the sack. - by sales_ace
Its a good basic strategy and can be improved by the addition of multiple options.

It is very linear and does not allow for the unforseen circumstances that business throws up.

What if they won't take your call - what is your strategy?
What if they don't want a quote - what is your strategy?
What if they have a meeting and don't want to sign?

Also consider alternative prospecting methods:

* Lumpy direct mail packages
* Free reports
* Send a link to video landing page or a goldmail email (google it)
* Seminars
* Sequential drip marketing using a serive like pinpoint tools (google it)

Have a look at mind mapping your sales process rather than a constrained linear process. Have a look at Mindmanager - they even have an example sales process. A good free version is bubble.us

There is no right sales process. The best one is the one you actually start and do regularly. When you do that, then test, measure and refine it. - by peter-odonoghue
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.