Home > Personal Selling > The guys who earn millions....

The guys who earn millions....

I understand about 1% of salespeople in major account selling earn close to or break one million dollars per year earnings. Most sales training and books I read focus on developing salespeople into top 10-20% performers, so I'm just wondering what it is about the absolute best of the best that makes them so great at selling? Are they just able to deploy sales methodology more effectively, or are they smarter, work harder, etc? What are the qualities and actions that separate the good from the great? And, if anyone knows, how can we become great salespeople? - by sales_ace
I understand about 1% of salespeople in major account selling earn close to or break one million dollars per year earnings. Most sales training and books I read focus on developing salespeople into top 10-20% performers, so I'm just wondering what it is about the absolute best of the best that makes them so great at selling? Are they just able to deploy sales methodology more effectively, or are they smarter, work harder, etc? What are the qualities and actions that separate the good from the great? And, if anyone knows, how can we become great salespeople?
Ask someone making millions. Didja ever think about what the average sales "trainer" makes?

The fact is--it boils down to focus and intensity in whatever endeavour we choose. We live in a world suffering from celebrityitis. So, unfortunately, "great" becomes the silly goal. Do the very best you can for the people who are important in your life (which should include YOU). THAT is success! Great is BS. Significance counts. - by Gary A Boye
Ask someone making millions. Didja ever think about what the average sales "trainer" makes?
What does the average sales trainer make Gary? Should "qualified" sales trainers come from the top 1%, and should we largely ignore the advice of those who don't? There's so much contradictory advice on the internet sometimes it's difficult to tell who is competent and who isn't. As a student of selling I want to learn from the absolute best. - by sales_ace
What does the average sales trainer make Gary? Should "qualified" sales trainers come from the top 1%, and should we largely ignore the advice of those who don't? There's so much contradictory advice on the internet sometimes it's difficult to tell who is competent and who isn't. As a student of selling I want to learn from the absolute best.
Can you give a couple of specific examples of subject matter that has contradictory advice? We can rip it apart and put the remains through the filter of common sense. - by Gary A Boye
Can you give a couple of specific examples of subject matter that has contradictory advice? We can rip it apart and put the remains through the filter of common sense.
We can... but how do I know you're one of the best?;wi - by sales_ace
We can... but how do I know you're one of the best?;wi
Why I'm NOT. You are. And for that reason the very best will always let you fend for yourself, sales_ace. They won't waste their time. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.