Home > Cold Calling > Cold Calling in Insurance Sales

Cold Calling in Insurance Sales

In order to make an appointment by cold calling in insurance sales is obstacle.
For first calling.
Insurance consultant (IC): Hello, I'm from ....(life insurance's company) I'm a consultant and taking responsibility to help you solving some difficult in your life. Now do u have any insurance plan for your life?
Prospect 1: Oh I'm sorry, I'm just busy now and can not talk with u. Thanks --->denied attitude
Prospect 2: Oh your program is great ideas, could u send me by e-mail at.....? ----> a little bit of curious.
Guys, I think to make an impression on first cold-calling is important because their psychology has positioned to deny any calling from insurance consultant.
have some ideas for this? - by dual1
The first reaction I get is "what do you know about the difficulty in my life".

I think your opener is too lengthy and doesn't grab my attention. - by MrCharisma
Charisma, I mean how to penetrate one conversation or an appointment with fist cold calling? when almost people show their reaction like you.
I really would like to hear their story as long as possible. - by dual1
Charisma, I mean how to penetrate one conversation or an appointment with fist cold calling? when almost people show their reaction like you.
I really would like to hear their story as long as possible.
I knew a sales rep who shared his story about his father and cold call selling. His father had sold burial plots over the phone and supported a family of 6 and the wife did not work. The year was 1932--the depression years.

It worked because the majority of phones were owned by the rich and they had discretionary funds sufficient to afford plots.
Theses prospects met the minimum qualifications just by having a phone.

The point is, there are methods to market your calls toward qualified buyers. We used a criss-cross phone book. It lists the address then the residents name and phone number. I drove around where I wanted to market, wrote down streets names of the wealthier residents, went back to the office and started calling.

Still, it is the quintessence of what is meant by "a numbers game" because it is the most intrusive on the prospect and offers the most opportunities to lose a sale.

The home office average for new sales recruits was for every 100 contact calls, there were 6 appointments and 2 sales, with using marketing techniques.

So, don't get discouraged just keep on "Dialing for Dollars." In time, your ratio will get better. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.