Home > Management > Would you recommend a sales coach?

Would you recommend a sales coach?

I have been in sales for 30+ years. I have mentored many sales newbies to get them up and running and quickly generating revenue and income. I do this on the side for my company and friends kids who are just breaking in. Basically, I am acting like the person I WISH I had been introduced to way back when. My questions is, do you think I should start a business on the side coaching sales newbies? I have also been an athletic coach most my life and have always been able to motivate and persuade.
Currently I am successfully working in sales for a multibillion dollar company and am contemplating approaching them about creating a sales trainer position.

Any thoughts on this forum? Should I forge forth on both fronts or just be happy I have a job and can take a company paid vacation? LOL! Thanks for the help.

E - by edcoon
I would start with the company training role. If this doesn't generate success then go down the path of your own freelance training.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle, commitments and how much effort you want to start selling your brand of training. - by MrCharisma
The question is ALWAYS: Would I be the right person selling the right product for the right reasons?

Answer those and there is your decision, edcoon. - by Gary A Boye
I would start with the company training role. If this doesn't generate success then go down the path of your own freelance training.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle, commitments and how much effort you want to start selling your brand of training.
Thanks. I was actually considering doing the coaching as a part time situation, to kind of test the water. That way if/when the trainer position actually came to fruition, I could easily discontinue the coaching without burning any bridges. Or, if the reverse happens, I wouldn't be any worse for wares and could start gaining valuable insight into that position.

E - by edcoon
The question is ALWAYS: Would I be the right person selling the right product for the right reasons?

Answer those and there is your decision, edcoon.
Thanks for the reply. I have thought long and hard about this question and realized long ago that I was meant to serve. Whether I was coaching a team or managing a team, I have always felt that was were I was ment to be. The way I look at it, coaching and sales are my passions, why not combine the two! LOL!

E - by edcoon
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.