Home > Cold Calling > Voice message when cold calling.

Voice message when cold calling.

In regards to voice messages this is what I typically say: "Hi___, this is Johnny Rotten an I am with Tele-Center. My number is 616-555-5555. If you could give me a call at your earliest convenience I would really appreciate that." Hang up. That's it! My number of call backs has improved my using this technique. - by chrisa16
I am happy to hear that people are calling you back, however this technique is little deceiving because you are not saying why are you calling in the first place.
How many returned calls are from people who are not interested? Did your selling ratio improved? Or you just have more people calling you back?

Call smart, not hard. Leave voicemail messages that will create the interest, and not just accomplish your goal of having more people calling you back. - by AlenMajer
I am happy to hear that people are calling you back, however this technique is little deceiving because you are not saying why are you calling in the first place.
How many returned calls are from people who are not interested? Did your selling ratio improved? Or you just have more people calling you back?

Call smart, not hard. Leave voicemail messages that will create the interest, and not just accomplish your goal of having more people calling you back.
I see nothing whatsoever deceiving about a request for someone to return a call. Neither do I think it fits the label of "hard." A goal of having more people call you back can be a strategically sound goal. We can't assume that it's not effective anymore than we can assume that it is. Only the person using the method knows. - by Gary A Boye
That is true. Chrisa, can you share with us what is your industry/product/service that you are selling? - by AlenMajer
Good Afternoon,
I own a Business to Business Lead Generation company. - by chrisa16
And your clients are hiring you to setup more appointments? - by AlenMajer
Hi Alen,
That is what they will be hiring me for.

Chris - by chrisa16
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.