Home > Education > Advice needed on resources for high volume sales techniques

Advice needed on resources for high volume sales techniques

Hi,

I am new to these forums but I would like to ask your advice on where to find resources (books, webinars, podcasts etc) for high volume, short sales cycle online technology sales.

I have just started a new role at a company where the main focus is on selling low cost cloud software in high volume with a short sales cycle of around 1 month using a direct sales team.

I have read books such as The New Solution Selling, SPIN selling, SNAP Selling and Soar Despite Your Dodo Sales Manager which are all excellent but I feel they donít cover this type of sale as the sales process in these books seem to be for higher value items that traditionally have longer sales cycles.

There is definitely a lot of stuff that can be used but does anyone know of resources specifically towards high volume, low cost sales?

Thanks for your help

Philip - by Philip123
http://www.managementhelp.org/sales/sales.htm

Try this on line library. I find a lot of useful information here. For me it has been a wonderful source of information. - by rich34232
Hi,

I am new to these forums but I would like to ask your advice on where to find resources (books, webinars, podcasts etc) for high volume, short sales cycle online technology sales.

I have just started a new role at a company where the main focus is on selling low cost cloud software in high volume with a short sales cycle of around 1 month using a direct sales team.

I have read books such as The New Solution Selling, SPIN selling, SNAP Selling and Soar Despite Your Dodo Sales Manager which are all excellent but I feel they donít cover this type of sale as the sales process in these books seem to be for higher value items that traditionally have longer sales cycles.

There is definitely a lot of stuff that can be used but does anyone know of resources specifically towards high volume, low cost sales?

Thanks for your help

Philip
What do you consider a resource? You mentioned books. Are you considering training? Or just free stuff? - by Gary A Boye
Thank you for replying to my post.

I don't mind paying for a book or cd if it is worth it. If there is a course specific to what I'm looking for then I will certainly investigate it further. Basically I'm open to all options except bespoke training courses as they are too expensive. - by Philip123
Hello Philip123.

May I ask... what would achieving peak performance in high volume, short sales cycle online technology sales do for you (financially, socially, emotionally, etc.) and are those outcomes important to you? - by Jeff Blackwell
It's very important to me as firstly it would allow me to not only meet target but smash it. This would be extremely beneficial for me from a financial point of view. Second, I plan to share this process with the rest of the team as we are all in this together and I want everyone to succeed. So, from an emotional and social point of view finding a successful process for this is paramount. - by Philip123
So, from an emotional and social point of view finding a successful process for this is paramount.
Taking this a step further, in terms of resources (time, money, effort), what would you be willing to exchange for reaching those outcomes? - by Jeff Blackwell
That depends on what you're trying to sell me :-)

I was hoping someone on here would know of a website or recommend a book that I could buy that may have covered this area. If not then I will search elsewhere or design my own process the hard way (trial and error). - by Philip123
Jeff and I had a private conversation and this thread came up. We know that Jeff isn't selling anything. His questions could zero in to some significant help for the person. But the person's response was quite predictable.

Perhaps the Intrinsic Question should have been "Before I can help you, are you willing to share some information on your values and reasons?"

And of course, if not--end of story. - by Gary A Boye
Hello Philip123. A better understanding often leads to a better recommendation. ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
All I'm asking is if anybody can point me to information regarding selling low cost cloud software in high volume with a short sales cycle of around 1 month using a direct sales team.

It's a simple and straightforward request. If you don't know then that is fine. If you do know then please share that information otherwise I'm at a loss as to the point of this forum.

I apologise if you were not trying to sell me anything but your questions really sounded like you were. - by Philip123
Hello Philip123.

There are a variety (quantity, quality, price, format, etc.) of resources available on:
  • cloud software selling
  • high volume selling
  • short sales cycle selling
  • direct sales team selling
However, I am not aware of any resources specific to "selling low cost cloud software in high volume with a short sales cycle of around 1 month using a direct sales team". - by Jeff Blackwell
...otherwise I'm at a loss as to the point of this forum.
Perhaps I can clear up the confusion. One of the strong beliefs by those who administer, moderate, and contribute to this forum is that there are no "one size fits all" solutions to sales education. Therefore when someone poses a question, members here will often want to know more about circumstances, beliefs, etc. in order to provide a more well thought out answer. That's done in the form of questions. Of course questions are part of selling. But they are also part of the dialogue that makes for constructive and well intended advice. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.