Home > Referrals > Referal email wording

Referal email wording

Ive been reading the referal posts, which have been very helpful.
Im still curious to know how to word an initial email request to a client, without sounding cheeky...or worse...passing the buck.

stcktng; Novice - by RyanC
If it is an existing client ask him few questions first - How do you enjoy our product so far? How it works? Is there anything that I can help you with?
Once you confirm that he is satisfied, simply ask - Who from your friends/colleagues could be interested to have similar benefits of this product?

Please share more info about your product, it will be easier to help you. - by AlenMajer
Mr Majer,

I sell as well as hire water purification systems and water dispensers to offices, gyms, homes and wherever else there is a need for them. The on-going service I get is by supplying bottled water for the water dispensers being hired and maintenance on these products..
I have received referals before, but without asking for them. I'd like to begin seeking them out instead of waiting on the goodwill of happy clients.

Regards
RyanC - by RyanC
[quote=AlenMajer;48269]If it is an existing client ask him few questions first - How do you enjoy our product so far? How it works? Is there anything that I can help you with?
Once you confirm that he is satisfied, simply ask - Who from your friends/colleagues could be interested to have similar benefits of this product?

Thank you also, I have penciled this advice thmbp2; - by RyanC
RyanC,
I would start with confirming their satisfaction first, if you are selling something that is useful to your clients, and if you believe in your products, please don't avoid the conversation about your customer's first experiences with your water purification systems.

Once they tried your systems and if they are really satisfied, they will give you referrals much easier - ask who else could benefit of your water purification systems, ask can you recommend me to your colleagues or co-workers or family and friends.
Here is a little trick I have used in a past - ask your clients early in the meeting about their business and how they find new clients and if they can give you their business cards to give to your friends and family, then ask about their satisfaction level, and then ask for referrals - they will feel obliged to give you some names. Good luck! - by AlenMajer
Brilliant, many thanks Mr Majer - by RyanC
Thank you also, I have penciled this advice thmbp2;
I am glad if I helped! - by AlenMajer
Alen hit it good. Very good suggestions.

I work in b2c and I do not see anything wrong with asking the client those things and depending on the relationship and rapport I have with a client I will ask him or her what was liked about the whole sales process, what they liked best, how they feel about what we have done, how do they like the solutions and what they like best about the decision they have made today.

My next question is do you know friends or relatives that would enjoy the same thing? Would you could you call them for me?
Typically the response to my questions is very positive and what blows me away many do not talk about the product. Many speak of the treatment and how much fun and enjoyment that our visit has created. This experience is unlike any other experience the client has had with other sales service organizations.
- by rich34232
Ask:

"(Name), I'm curious. I've never asked you this before and it's important to me:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how have I (our services, etc.) done for you? Pls rate me."
This allows the other side to communicate whether they've found value in your advice/products/services, etc.

Value-reinforcement (from the customer) is critical to discussing referrals with them. - by MaxReferrals
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.