Home > Approach > Script suggestions for B2B visit

Script suggestions for B2B visit

I am working on a script for cold call B2B visits. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hi, maybe you can help me. I'm [name] with DEandM. I don't have an appointment but I was in the area. I work with manufacturers to optimize their processes, such as sales, design, testing, and manufacturing.

I would like to make an appointment with an operations manager or business owner to discuss these matters as they relate to [business name]? Could you deliver this information to the appropriate person. I'll call within a week to schedule an appointment with that person, and I would like to call you directly since you would be passing this information along. Could I get your information so you may direct me to that person when I call?

If the receptionist says no, we are not interested. Ask the following:

I understand you are probably busy, but I truly believe what I am offering is of significant value to manufacturers?

At a minimum, our website offers plenty of free software training with no commitment required.

I really would like to speak with your operations manager or business owner about improving critical business processes. Could you please pass this information along to that person and let them decide if it is worthwhile? - by deandm
All I can hear from your script is Me, Me and Me.

What is in it for them? How about 3rd party statements? How about benefits for them? - by AlenMajer
Thank you, Alen. That is a simple but very helpful suggestion. I will alter accordingly.

All I can hear from your script is Me, Me and Me.

What is in it for them? How about 3rd party statements? How about benefits for them?
- by deandm
You are welcome.

Try to re-frame your approach by answering these 3 questions:
1. why you
2. who cares
3. so what - by AlenMajer
I am working on a script for cold call B2B visits. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Hi, maybe you can help me. I'm [name] with DEandM. I don't have an appointment but I was in the area. I work with manufacturers to optimize their processes, such as sales, design, testing, and manufacturing.

I would like to make an appointment with an operations manager or business owner to discuss these matters as they relate to [business name]? Could you deliver this information to the appropriate person. I'll call within a week to schedule an appointment with that person, and I would like to call you directly since you would be passing this information along. Could I get your information so you may direct me to that person when I call?

If the receptionist says no, we are not interested. Ask the following:

I understand you are probably busy, but I truly believe what I am offering is of significant value to manufacturers?

At a minimum, our website offers plenty of free software training with no commitment required.

I really would like to speak with your operations manager or business owner about improving critical business processes. Could you please pass this information along to that person and let them decide if it is worthwhile?
Nobody here can design your script that is not in your field and even then more information would be required. However, through the filter of my own beliefs and expertise, I suggest you eliminate the following immediately:
  • I would like... (You used this several times.)
  • I work with.... (Don't substitute the equally bad "I help..."
  • I was in the area...
  • Any commandatory laguage (Your script has several instances.)
  • I understand that you are probably busy...
- by Gary A Boye
I don't know if this is any better. I may need some more specific suggestions. This is for when the audience is a receptionist:

Hi. My name is [name]. I work for a company called Digital Engineering and Manufacturing. We represent solutions to optimize sales, design, testing, and manufacturing.
I noticed your company [brief description of what I observed the company does through my research]. Could you deliver this information to the [appropriate person (e.g.: (business owner for small business, engineering manager for larger business)]? I would like to follow up to request a meeting with them. Could I get that persons name and title?

This is nearly what I said to prospects on my visits yesterday. It seemed to work well to the extent I didn't get thrown out the door :). Seriously though, the receptionists and other people I spoke with seemed receptive and willing to pass the literature along and several told me who they would deliver it to. I was pretty surprised. However, I am sure I could get much more out of my visits. That was my first day.

I also still have the problem of what to do when there is no receptionist. I came across a few places that had literature inboxes. I hated putting my literarture in there with just a business card clipped to it. I don't know who gets it so it is hard to follow up. I don't even know if it gets to anyone appropriate. I was thinking of putting a label on it with some direction (Attn: Engineering Manager or Attn: Business Owner). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. - by deandm
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.