Home > Direct Marketing > door to door flyers??

door to door flyers??

OK so I live in an apartment complex with 564 units. We are of all ages and mostly middle class families.

I am planning to run a 'maid' service. I'm planning to put the flyers on the doors of each apartment. The front says who I am, my phone and a new email address, and a name for my 'company'. The flyer says my services can be weekly, biweekly or monthly. On the back it has a good presentation about what I do at every cleaning. I also added if special services need to be done I can accomodate them. If they call or email, I said we could set up a time an i would come to them. I have very reasonable prices.

SOOO I guess my real quesion is getting an estimate about how many people might take this on? Should I just start with 200 flyers and go from there? I live in michigan so times are tough right now....but could someone who maybe has done this type of thing could help me out with approximate takers! THANKS!!! - by sleep_chic
OK so I live in an apartment complex with 564 units. We are of all ages and mostly middle class families.

I am planning to run a 'maid' service. I'm planning to put the flyers on the doors of each apartment. The front says who I am, my phone and a new email address, and a name for my 'company'. The flyer says my services can be weekly, biweekly or monthly. On the back it has a good presentation about what I do at every cleaning. I also added if special services need to be done I can accomodate them. If they call or email, I said we could set up a time an i would come to them. I have very reasonable prices.

SOOO I guess my real quesion is getting an estimate about how many people might take this on? Should I just start with 200 flyers and go from there? I live in michigan so times are tough right now....but could someone who maybe has done this type of thing could help me out with approximate takers! THANKS!!!

I congratulate you on such a bold undertaking. You have the true entrepreneurial spirit. I cold-called for 30 years and know what your about to enter into.

First, describe your ideal client such as: an estimate of their disposable income, the lack of children or spouse to do the work for free, their sense of pride of ownership, are many dating and want to get away a lot etc.

What issues would your client have?

Examples:

Are you tired of staying home on the weekends to clean house?

Do you find you have the money to get away but housework always seems to get in the way?

Tired of how the house looks but you just seem to never have the time?

Second, what about you? Are you bonded for theft? Are you insured? What if you break a lamp?

Have you undergone a background check? Why should people trust you? Just because you live in the same complex does not mean much today. This should not be too hard to accomplish and it would make you look professional

Have an introductory offer with a discount.

Make the offer too good to pass up.

Now to answer your question--all 564 units. Why, the average response is between 5%-7% and sometimes 3%. This is a standard in the industry for "door-knob" ad placement.

Finally, do it right. You have only one opportunity to make a good first impression.

Your situation brings fond memories.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.