Home > Marketing > Anyone have or has had a pizza box ad business?

Anyone have or has had a pizza box ad business?

I was thinking about starting my own pizza box ad business, yet I wanted to find out if anyone in this forum is currently running or has run a pizza box ad business.

Mainly the job involves working out a contract with a local “ma and pa” pizza business, where you offer to run a free ad and or provide a discount coupon for their business on a common flyer, if they will put the common flyer on top of every pizza box they provide to their customers. Then basically I have to go out to sell ad and discount coupon ad space to local businesses, who are willing to pay for their ad to be on the common flyer.

Yet I mainly just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who is currently doing this or has done this, to see if a good living could be made at selling these types of ads and discount coupons upon working out a contact with the “ma and pa” pizza restaurant.

Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wilson - by WestCoastWilson
Yet I mainly just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who is currently doing this or has done this, to see if a good living could be made at selling these types of ads and discount coupons upon working out a contact with the “ma and pa” pizza restaurant.
Hello Wilson. I have no experience selling ads and/or discount coupons however I know of people who have done well with that and others who have not. How will you decide if the idea is a viable opportunity? - by Jeff Blackwell
Thank you for your feedback Jeff. Since I am only considering this business idea, I just wanted to toss this idea around and get some feedback from others that are currently doing or have done this type of business. Then based on that feedback, I would then evaluate if this business idea is a viable opportunity “for me”.

Yet based on your feedback of your knowledge of others doing this, is sounds like a 50/50 proposition to “succeed” or “fail”. LOL!!! Out of curiosity, do you know offhand where I might look for people that actually do this work, and be able to get some feedback from them? Though I know that there are various online marketing and sales forums out there, however I do not know how I would fine-tune such a search to look for people out there that actually do or have done this type of sales and advertising. As I am sure that this is not in the top 100,000 most often found and readily available jobs category. LOL!!!

Thanks again Jeff for your feedback.

Yet based on your feedback of your knowledge of others doing this, is sounds like a 50/50 proposition to “succeed” or “fail”.
I would not say it is a 50/50 proposition.

More times than not the likelihood of success or failure rests on the shoulders of the people involved and not on the opportunity itself.

Out of curiosity, do you know offhand where I might look for people that actually do this work, and be able to get some feedback from them?
I do not. With that being said, if it were me I would start by identifying and contacting the individuals/companies in my area who are currently experiencing success in this and/or similar ventures. - by Jeff Blackwell
Okay. Thank you very much Jeff. I appreciate your additional help.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

In Australia from my own encounters, I've never seen anything like this before. I assume by your post that it isn't a unique idea?

I say give it a go. If there is a niche there is an opportunity - by MrCharisma
Thanks MrCharisma. I appreciate your input and comments. However, “true” this isn't a unique idea. They have done this type of advertising here in the states for decades. Yet I just wanted to see if I could find anyone out there who “is doing” or “has done” this, just so I can see if this would be a viable business “for me” to do. However the hard part “right now” is trying to find such people. LOL!!! ;bg

Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.