Home > Personal Selling > Sales advice!! Urgent..!

Sales advice!! Urgent..!

Hi there guys!
This gonna b a long story,here goes... My name is fadhli from Singapore. Currently my partners and I just started a company on web solutions eg. Web design, software development, SEO and etc. Currently I am being assign as the person in charge of sales. To be honest the only experience that I have for sales is previously where I did mlm in my previous company. So now as having my own company I kinda lost I do not know where to start finding customers. Should I do cold call. If I do, who should I call and so on I really have no structure to start the sales. If I were to do mlm style is it an appropriate way as this corporate sales work in a different manner. Really need guidance. Currently I have sales target to meet by the end of this year. Any sales expert out there willing to guide me... - by mdifadhli
Any sales expert out there willing to guide me...
Yes.

Get to work. Start calling people and offering your company's services.

Hope that helps. - by Gary A Boye
In addition to Gary's advice I'd suggest you start reading books on the fundamentals of selling. You can do a search here on 'books' for some useful suggestions. - by salesjunior
Hi there guys!
This gonna b a long story,here goes... My name is fadhli from Singapore. Currently my partners and I just started a company on web solutions eg. Web design, software development, SEO and etc. Currently I am being assign as the person in charge of sales. To be honest the only experience that I have for sales is previously where I did mlm in my previous company. So now as having my own company I kinda lost I do not know where to start finding customers. Should I do cold call. If I do, who should I call and so on I really have no structure to start the sales. If I were to do mlm style is it an appropriate way as this corporate sales work in a different manner. Really need guidance. Currently I have sales target to meet by the end of this year. Any sales expert out there willing to guide me...

Along with Gary's suggestion, can you find a business coach that has sales experience?

Also, don't invent the wheel, what are your competitors doing? They have already spent the years in learning and practicing many marketing strategies. Copy them.

Define your ideal prospect and tailor your sales approach appropriately.

There is a lot to learn and sales is very tough. You really do need "hands on assistance."

If you have budgeted properly, you should have an account for Professional Services.

Remember, "Brains Are For Hire." This is where you need to develop good habits.

The main reason new business fail is due to the lack of Start-up Funding.

Profits take a while to earn and there needs to be enough money to carry you through.

While we do hear about successful businesses starting from "shoe-string" finances, we know of them because they are very rare. - by John Voris
Hey guys thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. Just like Gary say start calling... I'll do that first...thmbp2; - by mdifadhli
More important:

If your dad (or wife) owned a business, would you hire your company's services? Why (other than that your dad or wife won't mind giving you a trial order)? Discover the reasons. If you find any, go to the market armed with that, and sell bases on this.

All the best,

Ganesan. - by ezynes
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.