Home > Personal Selling > The hypocritical prospect

The hypocritical prospect

I have noticed recently the large number of prospect contacts (I am calling SMEs) who are refusing point blank to take sales calls. The hypocracy however, is that these same people employ sales people like me to call their prospects but see nothing strange in their approach...;ma - by Julian
I have noticed recently the large number of prospect contacts (I am calling SMEs) who are refusing point blank to take sales calls. The hypocracy however, is that these same people employ sales people like me to call their prospects but see nothing strange in their approach...;ma
It is foolish!

Selling is first and foremost a people business. The brightest in sales and in business know that the people you refuse to take a call from are also consumer/buyers themselves--or have influence over someone who is.

It is not off topic to say that the very best clients fall into the authentic leadership category. AUTHENTIC leaders are approachable by nature. - by Gary A Boye
I have noticed recently the large number of prospect contacts (I am calling SMEs) who are refusing point blank to take sales calls. The hypocracy however, is that these same people employ sales people like me to call their prospects but see nothing strange in their approach...;ma
I guess your challenge is to change their perception... - by MrCharisma
Why not ask for their advice as to how they train their Salespeople to handle Prospects/Clients who to refuse to take Sales Calls and what they teach them to say in those situations.

Then . . . feed it back to them and ask if you did it correctly. :) - by Stan Billue
1 rejection isn't the time to stop!

The guy making the decision won't take calls? What about the people who report to him? Go a rung below and convince that person that they can look good to their boss presenting the idea.

The person you contact isn't interested in your cost savings? I bet his boss is. Rather then calling and saying "I'm from energy company x and can save you $" call and say "It was recommended I call your boss ( you have to know who the boss is! ) and I'm told a decision by your boss in this area would effect your area. - by IBJDPCNT
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.