Home > Resistance > I want to think about it.

I want to think about it.

Please post your response(s) to: "I want to think about it." - by Community Mailbox
buyer: I want to think about it.
seller: What is it about the decision/product/service that is causing you to hesitate? - by SalesCoach
"Good. Is there anything I've missed you can think of that can help you?" - by MitchM
If you were to make the decision right now which way would you go? Why is that? - by SalesGuy
Tell me what's on your mind. What are you concerned about? Is it the money, the product, me? - by Mikey
Thinking is good. :) Tell me, what's the biggest doubt you have about this decision? - by BossMan
So that I can better understand your viewpoint tell me what is it about this home that you don't like? What do you like most about it? - by AZBroker
Talk with me Mr. Buyer. What part of this will you want to think about... the timing... the program... ? - by SalesGuy
"I want to think about it."

Pretend to look confused, say to him [but for Gods sake don't answer this question / its unanswerable] say:
  1. You can't see where I put my discount list can you, I wanted to explain "How Our No Deposit Scheme Works" and to reassure you about the financial side of this deal, and how it works in your favour,--------
But be warned you've lost him, he doesn't want your goods, he has a competitor in mind, and lets be honest you've just walked in on him, and your equipment may not be quality he wants, or he may already have it, so if your so inclined try and sell him something else, or get out, you have I hope another 19 calls to do, and this guy is not going to buy. The reasons are academic.
You've heard them before a dozen times, and with your sales training about YOUR COMPETITORS you should be able to 2nd guess his/ her thinking. - by Incidentally
How soon do you see yourself making this decision? - by Jolly Roger
"What other information can I get for you?" The most important thing here is that it is NOT a Yes/No question... make him or her tell you what's on his or her mind. - by Coda1108
When customers tell me "I want to think about it" that tells me I've pushed too fast through the sales cycle and forgotten to get the customer emotionally (and subconsciously) excited about experiencing the value of "yes" before I ask for "yes." When customers have already made the subconscious decision to buy, there's nothing to "think" about. At that point, "I need to think about it" often means "Help me figure out how to get what I want safely." - by tom behr
it all depends, but i always start with
I completely understand i wouldn't expect you to make a decision without thinking about it. and then i go from there depending on what has happened beforehand. I believe if you have the same response everytime you will have limited success..... - by benjamin-benjamin
Well on a scale from 1-10 (1 being you're not even thinking about purchasing a vehicle, 10 definetly will purchase) how close are you to buying a vehicle from me today?
"response: 2"
What can I do for you to make that number much higher? - by MissJackson
Well on a scale from 1-10 (1 being you're not even thinking about purchasing a vehicle, 10 definetly will purchase) how close are you to buying a vehicle from me today?
"response: 2"
What can I do for you to make that number much higher?
I read about this particular technique in Ziglar's "secrets of closing the sale".. he added, if your prospect answers anything less than a 7, your problem is in the product demo. You have not made them excited about the product.

If they answer 8 or 9, you can continue with the closing process. - by tbeezy
I personally would expect that I didn't get to the person that makes the final decision and that the person who says this usually has to get someone else to sign off on the deal..

Mr. Customer,

We discussed that "x" is the problem that you were trying to resolve.

We also agreed that my product addressed "X".

Have I overlooked any details?

THen to clarify, what part of this proposal would you need to give more consideration? - by Sell4alivn
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.