Home > Education > Professional Sales Development

Professional Sales Development

The new year is just around the corner. What action will you take in the upcoming year to further develop your personal selling skills? - by Community Mailbox
The new year is just around the corner. What action will you take in the upcoming year to further develop your personal selling skills?
For the first time since leaving high school this year I have started reading books, complete them and actually enjoy them... so 2011 will see me;

* Read more sales books
* Talk to more mentor figures about development
* Continue to write in my blog to enhance my understanding (http://artofconversations.com/ yes, I know... cheap plug)
* Attend a few more seminars although Australia has limited quality ones - by MrCharisma
I decided on a new direction about a week ago, so I'll share it here.

Over the past year, I've been learning quite a bit about internet marketing. In 2011, I'll continue to explore how internet marketing can enhance the effectiveness and reputation of a professional salesperson.

Further, I have some products in development (one already finished) that I'll market to help others with some tough areas of sales.

I also wish everybody here a wonderful holiday season and the best year ever in 2011. - MM - by magicman
The new year is just around the corner. What action will you take in the upcoming year to further develop your personal selling skills?
This new year am focusing more on marketing of new products i wish to introduce into the india market from usa and other parts of the world in apsects of softwares and wellness equipments , hence i need read more books and follow more lessons online in order to gain the needed knowledge to achive such in a large and diverse society like indiaas well as pursue my mba course this year 2011i wish all here the best for the new year barth - by Bartho1
My intentions for professional sales development in 2011 will be to revisit several...

Systems/models/programs:
  • Professional Selling Skills (PSS)
  • Sandler Selling System
  • The Sales Pro (Professional Selling System)
Classic books:
  • SPIN Selling (Rackham)
  • Fundamentals of Selling (Futrell)
  • Why People Buy (O'Shaughnessy)
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People (Carnegie)
  • Think and Grow Rich (Hill)
... with an eye towards "application" in my own sales practice.

As time permits I intend to invest time reading the following books:
  • Slow Down, Sell Faster! (Davis)
  • Selling Change (Clay)
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy (Page)
- by Jeff Blackwell
Jeff, Thanks for sharing your lists. There might be a few items on there I'd like to visit myself.

Happy 2011 to all - may health, good work, happiness, prosperity, bless us all in the new year. - Magicman - by magicman
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.