Home > Personal Development > When is the best time for paperwork?

When is the best time for paperwork?

When is the best time to complete paperwork. You know it has to be done but when is the best time. Before work, during work, or after work? - by Cedric
When is the best time to complete paperwork. You know it has to be done but when is the best time. Before work, during work, or after work?
I like to introduce it during the presentation so that the close isn't so dawning.

Depending on your industry and your paperwork, I like to use it to state factual information like contract length, options or cancellation fees... sometime during the recommendation phase of your conversation.

I'd be interested to see how others do it. - by MrCharisma
When is the best time to complete paperwork. You know it has to be done but when is the best time. Before work, during work, or after work?
By "paperwork" what do you mean? - by Jeff Blackwell
In my industry we have to get several forms of documents from the individual i.e. transcripts, college degree, birth certificate, etc. On top of that we have a 50 page application the client has to fill out. Once we receive these documents I have to input all this data into the computer. That's the paperwork Im referring to.

My problem is I have more fun prospecting than processing the neccessary paperwork it takes to complete a transaction.

What I have noticed is I have all these people in my funnel and I am getting behind on completing the neccessary paperwork it takes to complete the transaction. Lately in order to catch up I have slowed down on my prospecting and spent more time processing paperwork.

I used to do all my neccessary paperwork after work but I wouldn't get to bed until 11 p.m.

This worked out great because all my work was complete and the next day was free to do what I love the most which is prospecting.

Just trying to see if anyone knows of a better way. - by Cedric
I am of the opinion that a salesperson's time during business hours is best used when engaged in income producing activities (prospecting, selling, futhering a sale). The paperwork you mentioned in my opinion does not qualify as one of those activities which means I would complete that task outside of business hours (or have someone to do it for me). - by Jeff Blackwell
Sounds good. We have someone in our office for the paperwork but it doesn't always get done so I'll just do it before work or after. You are correct. My funnel was drying up while I was busy doing papering during prime prospecting time. What a waste! Lesson learned! - by Cedric
Sounds good. We have someone in our office for the paperwork but it doesn't always get done so I'll just do it before work or after. You are correct. My funnel was drying up while I was busy doing papering during prime prospecting time. What a waste! Lesson learned!
As my wife tends to say... "The lesson will be repeated until it is learned." ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.