Home > Education > The Different Approaches to Selling

The Different Approaches to Selling

In addition to "Feature Benefit Selling" what are the different approaches to selling? - by Community Mailbox
In addition to "Feature Benefit Selling" what are the different approaches to selling?
The next step is to ask, "what do those features and benefits" mean to the corporation? Followed by how many individual interpretations are possible? Then match the values and meaning the prospect displays with one of those possible interpretations.

In my experience, people are not bringing things in their life as much as meaning. That meaning is purchased through the objects bought that will enhance their individuality.

This has worked for me for over 30 years in door-to-door cold call sales. - by John Voris
For want of a better term, I'll call it "incremental educational selling".

This is applicable in typical industrial product selling, esp. of high value, hi-tech products.

You give a whole brochure, and no one reads. Educate the prospect over time thru incremental step-by-step newsletters, and eBooklets, and convince the prospect that your company is the authority on this subject. A time comes when you've converted the prospect to a client.

Ganesan. - by ezynes
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.