Home > Technology > Electronic Alter-Ego

Electronic Alter-Ego

As more and more consumers go online in search of information (problems, solutions, etc.) do you feel this necessitates that salespeople have an online presence in the form of an electronic alter-ego? - by Community Mailbox
As more and more consumers go online in search of information (problems, solutions, etc.) do you feel this necessitates that salespeople have an online presence in the form of an electronic alter-ego?
Alter-ego? As in... "a second self, a second personality or persona within a person, who is often oblivious to the persona's actions"?

No thank you!

Regarding "online presence": I would first need to know what is meant by online presence and then I would need to know more about the specific situation (goods/services, customers, etc.).

In my opinion not "ALL" salespeople need an online presence. - by Jeff Blackwell
As more and more consumers go online in search of information (problems, solutions, etc.) do you feel this necessitates that salespeople have an online presence in the form of an electronic alter-ego?
Online Presence hey?

If you're a sales person I think it's important to be aware of your social presence if you have one. What picture you have on your Facebook and the information they can find about you by restricting access to photos and enabling limited information.

If you wanted to market yourself I would suggest a LinkedIn profile as well as a website/blog.

As Jeff mentioned above, not all sales people should have an internet presence but if you do, be aware of how you market yourself... - by MrCharisma
Here is a excerpt from an article by Paul McCord that seems apropos:

"The hype is everywhere: if you're a salesperson or company without a blog, you’re totally out of today's marketplace and are losing position to the competition hourly because unlike them, you're not establishing your image as an expert; if you're not active on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and/or Youtube, you may as well concede that you won't be in sales 6 months from now; if your focus is anywhere besides online, you completely misunderstand 21st century buyers." - by Community Mailbox
Here is a excerpt from an article by Paul McCord that seems apropos:

"The hype is everywhere: if you're a salesperson or company without a blog, you’re totally out of today's marketplace and are losing position to the competition hourly because unlike them, you're not establishing your image as an expert; if you're not active on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and/or Youtube, you may as well concede that you won't be in sales 6 months from now; if your focus is anywhere besides online, you completely misunderstand 21st century buyers."
Paul covers several key points in that article. Here is a source link:
http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-11707.html - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.