Home > Cold Calling > B2B Cold Calling (Aftermarket Automotive)

B2B Cold Calling (Aftermarket Automotive)

Hey guys my name is Adam and currently work for a wholesale distribution facility in Rhode Island. I have a list of about 2500 customers. Some I talk to on a daily basis. Others are cold calls. When I first started I was pretty good but the business basically fell on my lap as someone quit and there was only 2 of us and race season came into play. There is a lot of money lying on the table and for some reason I just can not make the damn calls. When I first started it was fine and now I have lost my swagger so to say. Do the pros have any tips or tricks so I can get back in my groove and maybe make a good chunk of change in 2011. I am only 23 so my mind is like a sponge. - by Racers Adam
Hey guys my name is Adam and currently work for a wholesale distribution facility in Rhode Island. I have a list of about 2500 customers. Some I talk to on a daily basis. Others are cold calls. When I first started I was pretty good but the business basically fell on my lap as someone quit and there was only 2 of us and race season came into play. There is a lot of money lying on the table and for some reason I just can not make the damn calls. When I first started it was fine and now I have lost my swagger so to say. Do the pros have any tips or tricks so I can get back in my groove and maybe make a good chunk of change in 2011. I am only 23 so my mind is like a sponge.
If there is a lot of money to be made and you won't make the calls there are a lot of people out there who would like to make the money who would be willing to work (make the calls).

You're looking for "tips" on how to get to work???

My best friend was a quadriplegic for the last 22 years of his life and found a way to get to work every single day. Your work is to make the damned calls. - by Gary A Boye
I would recommend some reading on goal setting. I will outline a basic plan.
1) Write down what you want in your personal life and tie a business number to it. IE. paying cash for a new car, house, phone computer, vacation...something like that. How many additional sales will you need to make to obtain that goal. Grab a picture of it and put it up on your desktop or somewhere where you'll see it daily.

2) What will it take for you get what you want. How many dollars extra? How many additional sales will that take? With your closing ratio, how many people will you need to see on a daily basis to achieve this goal?

3) Write down an activity plan that will set a daily goal to achieve #2 and in turn, help you achieve #1.

4) Adjust the plan as needed. Visual your goals continuously.

Good luck...now go ye therefore and sale stuff

Wes Herndon - by wesman70
Hi Adam Old Buddy,
That's all right. No worries. Send me over those numbers. I will give them a call today.thmbp2;

Sincerely,
Your competition down the street - by Workinglate
And you work for??? I like my list and continue to grow.

Thanks for all the pointers! - by Racers Adam
Adam,
I was just making a point. I am not your competitor down the street.
But the wolf is always at the door...so to speak.
There will always be someone ready and looking to take your customers away from you. - by Workinglate
I understand what you are saying. It is now Monday I am pretty pumped up and going to make some serious amount of calls and put a big chunk of change in my pocket! Thanks guys!!! - by Racers Adam
Hey Adam,

Clearly you are thinking about cold calling quite a bit. I would like more information about what is going on in your head. If you will post your thoughts I will be glad to give thoughtful comments that could help you unhook from your current state of cold-call-freeze.

I have been stuck on just about every aspect of cold calling and have learned a lot of tips and tricks along the way to get unstuck and move forward. Glad to share.

To your success!

The Top Dog - by The Top Dog
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.