Home > Marketing > Sales & Marketing

Sales & Marketing

Do you think sales and marketing will ever legitimise their relationship - or are they consigned to remaining as uncomfortable bedfellows? - by Jonathan Farrington
Do you think sales and marketing will ever legitimize their relationship - or are they consigned to remaining as uncomfortable bedfellows?
That is a very worthwhile question.

A tenet in the practice of strategy is strong Leadership. Another tenet is a shared Philosophy. When that leadership expects, rewards, and enforces a shared philosophy, the disruptive rivalries will dissipate and be replaced by effective teamwork where Methods, Objectives, and Flexibility are refined as a team. - by Gary A Boye
Thank you!

I for one do hope that a compromise can be reached, because sales needs marketing more than ever now, with the arrival of Sales 2.0 - and maybe the imminent Sales 3.0 - particularly at the lead generation end.

Jonathan - by Jonathan Farrington
Do you think sales and marketing will ever legitimise their relationship - or are they consigned to remaining as uncomfortable bedfellows?
Please elaborate. How do you view the relationship? - by Jeff Blackwell
Unfortunately, most businesses operate in separate silo mode. Every department operates as it's own kingdom.

I agree that strong leadership is needed across all platforms of operation.

However, I believe strongly that the organization has to link compensation and recognition to shared accomplishments (particularly the cash). -MM - by magicman
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.