Contexts

I wrote this in a private discussion. I'll post it here with the hope my message is clear:

There are often context issues in discussions on selling, and you see it often on SalesPractice.

I believe in Learning by Inquiry. If we were to break down the four most common contexts in these discussions, and put those contexts in question form, appropriate to Learning by Inquiry, I believe they would be:

What is Selling?
What is the Practice of Selling?
What is success in selling?
What is selling successfully?

I post that, not looking for answers, but merely to categorize the contexts. However--and I say this somewhat tongue in cheek, a lot of answers break down between three common contexts:

Here's what I do.
Here's what you should do.
Here's what (Joe Blow) says to do.

THAT SAID, let's go back to the first four and add what just might be an Intrinsic Question that best serves Learning by Inquiry:

WHO is selling successfully and WHY? - by Gary A Boye
There are often context issues in discussions on selling, and you see it often on SalesPractice.
I would take this farther and say that "context" is not an uncommon challenge to clear communication and that many people fail to understand context in communication so they do not look for it. - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.